cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material substitution based on material and QTY entered?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

I have just now a problem with the material substitution were you might be able to help me.

We have here the case that for one artikel always one material master is requested from our customer.

But depending on the order quantity I need to send him the "same" product in different package types.

Eg. Kabel. if order qty is 0-10m -> cut from roll the same material number that the customer ordered.

if order qty >10-20m -> take a 20m Roll

if order qty >20m take 50m Spool

I have for all the "substitution candidates" material masters created.

However, the substitution rules are not offering a replacement based on QTY but only on material entered.

Does someone have an idea?

Many thanks already in advance,

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The standard access does not give you that option. However, you need to maintain the field catalog first (for including the order qty) and then create a new condition table and then assign it to a Access sequence and finally to the condition type. This is exactly the same that we do for a pricing scenario - The condition technique.

You may explore the foll SPRO menu path: SPRO>Sales & distbn>basic fns>Material determination>Maintain Prerequisites for Material Determination.

Under this node, you have a series of activities that needs to be performed before you can start maintaining condition records in the system.

Now, all you need to find out is: whether the field "Order qty" can be added to the Field catalog or not and then proceed further.

Hope, this helps!

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

thanks for the info.

But the custo is clear for me as well the condition technic.

"Now, all you need to find out is: whether the field "Order qty" can be added to the Field catalog or not and then proceed further."

That exactly is the point.

Is it possible and how?

thanks for furhter info,

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These fields are guided by a set of structures: KOMGD/KOMKD/KOMPD. May be we can logically add the Order Qty field in KOMPD. However, you may have to contact your ABAP team for further hep on this. They can explore and find out whether they can update the above structure first so that we can make use of it in our field catalog.

Hope, this helps!

Siva

Answers (0)