cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception received: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: connection is closed by foreign host

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are trying to configure SFTP sender communication channel with Private key authentication method.

We are able to connect using user id-password authentication method, but while trying to use private key authentication method, we are getting the following error:

Exception received: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: connection is closed by foreign host

We have followed the steps defined in the document:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/305eeb5b-81e7-2f10-d8aa-9216de04c...

We are testing with only one channel keeping other channels stopped.

Please suggest.

We are using SAP PI 7.4 single stack.

Regards,

Suman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Have you tried with an external tool like winscp?. The problem could be on the SFTP server that doesn't accept private key without id/pass authentication.

Regards-

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

I don't have OS level authorization, so will be requesting Basis ans OS team to check.

Is there any other reason that may cause this exception?

Thanks,

Suman

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

We have tried with putty to connect and it was able to connect without password only using the username.

But from PI channel,we were unable to connect without password.

So we have created a new certificate and public-private key pair.

The public key is imported into SFTP server now.

But now we are unable to connect using user id-password also.

Regards,

Suman

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Can you check with the server team if there is any limitation on the server end for the number to connections to make to the server.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For such issue the best way to trace/analyze the root cause is making use of XPI inspector.

I would suggest to enable it for SOAP channel which would give more detailed error logs.

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Hareesh

How to use XPI inspector in SOAP channel in this case?

I guess some settings need to be done by basis side right?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry..my bad Suman.. It should be on "SFTP" channel. No additional setting to be done from basis perspective.

You just need to deploy the XPI inpector.ear file if it was not done already in order to launch it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

This could be the issue with the SFTP server you are trying to connect.

You can confirm this by logging in with WinScp.

You can login through WinScp in case of Key authentication also, if you have PI public key with you.

Thanks,

Prasad.