cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of Custom Controls and Custom Panes in Visual Studio using Microsoft Silverlight

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to know how we can create a custom control and custom panes in visual studio using micro soft silver light and should be able to use this custom built control and pane back in SAP Cloud Application Studio to enhance the screens.

Please let me know with any demo video's or developments guide available in doing the above.

Thanks a lot for your response on this.

Regards

Hanu K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Help on the above topic............ waiting eagerly to know the ways to achieve this.

Regards

Hanu

stefankrauth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hanu,

the Silverlight UI is superseeded by the HTML5 UI and responsive UI. Are you sure you want to implement a SL custom pane even it will not be supported in the newer UIs?

There is a VS template available, which you can load into Visual Studio 2010. This template gives you access to the Oberon API (the layer under Silverlight).

I'm not able to attach the template as zip files are not allowed.

Best Regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

Thanks for the reply. I don't know whether I can use the SL custom panes in the latest 1508 version UI's. If not and you are confident on that I would like to know the ways of doing the following requirement in ByD

Business Need:

I am in ways of creating our own custom pane which will hold some custom controls so that these controls will be having the input parameters from the ByD and the response should be shown in a calendar representation for end user and this response again user have to view on one of the UI available for him in the list of WoC Views with him (These views are custom WoC Views).

Regards

Hanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can achieve your requirements with a mashup

stefankrauth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I agree, a Mashup would be a better approach.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

my apologies and if I resume this post, but I am facing some analyses on this topic just now.

Our designed solution is to embed a client-side running component (an ActiveX control for instance) in both Responsive UI and HTML client.

My questions are the following:

• Is a Custom Control not applicable to our purpose, because available just in Silverlight client?
  • Is a HTML Mashup the best solution then?

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Davide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Davide,

yes custom control is available only on silverlight as i know. Moreover no documentation is available since is not supported in the new html and fiori ui.

I think the best approach is to use an html mashup.