Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Materilas not follows the Quality Management system

former_member267531
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team

Materilas which set for inspection flag, suppose to come to location called 902 with Q blocking, Incoming Inspection team will inspect the material and clear the Q from 902 location,It goes to warehouse directly without inspection completed
From 902 location, Warehouse will move to stock area Q23, Q24& other warehouse location.

For E.g, subjected part code KU2335 having inspection flag from 11thAug, but it doesn't obey the inspection system. There are 5 lots received from 11thAug, but only 2 lots marked as X has been followed inspection system whereas subsequent 3 lots not marked as F.

please find below screenshot.

Br, Kiran U

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pl share the screenshot of Inspection set up (01) for this material-plant. I can see you have a common document having both F and X. I believe there is something to look upon into your Control InspLot .

NJ

former_member267531
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Nitin

Sorry for delay in response please find the screenshot.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I had thought, your Control inslot is set for ' Each PO Item batch' and thus you won't get a second inspection lot for the same PO-Material-Batch combination.

Second inspection lot will generate only when you either reject an inspection lot (Rejection as Valuation of UD) or you make a GR with different batch number. ''

If you need inspection lot for each GR irrespective of batch number, set the setting to 'For each Material doc item'

NJ

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Keep in mind WM and QM are very separate.  Q is just a status in WM.

It sounds like you are referrign to WM warehouse locations and not IM storage locations.

If you aren't getting insepction lots it could be you have the control inspection lot value set wrong too.  I.e. multiple receipts for the same batch, may not generate a new lot.

Craig

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

This may happen if the material is enable for the skip lot

please check the inspection plan whether any DMR Rule has been updated ?

i.e. quality inspection at lot level or characteristic level ?

please remove this and try

Regards,

Venkatesh.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

I think, this understanding in incorrect.

I think, for SKIP managed lot, be it at header level with system status "SKIP", or at MIC level where inspection results can't be recorded as the particular MIC as system status is "4", still the Inspection Lot should have been created. Background job should have considered such inspection lots and posted stock through UD = A.

Here, the major requirement is that the inspection lot itself is not getting created 'sometimes', and so I think we need to check the reasons behind it.

Let's investigate the potential reasons for such misses.

Arijit

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One more possibility I can be explored - If Vendor Master has QM certified System added, OR, Info Record for controlling QM in procurement has QM certified system marked.

Below is a nice thread explaining this functionality -clarifications in QM info record | SCN

Thanks,

Arijit

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are saying system did not generate inspection lots despite activation of inspection type in material master? When the PO was created was the inspection type 01 active?

Anand

former_member267531
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand

Yes, It was 01.

Br, Kiran U

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

We understand that the inspection type used is "01". It seems, sometimes for the same material stock is correctly posted through Quality steps, sometimes it's not. Is that understanding correct?

Please provide some clear examples.

Thanks,

Arijit