cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove someone who is already following me?

former_member182297
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

1)I want to remove someone from the list of followers who is already following me, how can i do that?

2)How to prevent someone in following me in the future?

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't post any stuff online that you don't want the whole world to see. Plain and simple. Everyone can see your SCN profile, all your posts and who is following you.

Speaking of which - almost 30% (4 out of 14) of your posts are complaints about points, rejected posts, SCN, following, etc. How about contributing something instead? Oh wait, then someone actually might want to follow you... Never mind!

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

My best suggestion for this post is we have to follow the Pradip Choudhury as many as.

I already started following him.

Regards,

RV

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you contact <name removed because I'm not sure whether the fact I can see the name is because I'm a mod> to stop following you. So far as I can see, you've no other followers.

former_member182297
Participant
0 Kudos

Ohh,you are mistaken I  have one follower till now .

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We can all see the name, or at least the published SCN name (which looks like a real name, but who knows?).

Anyway, this is a ridiculous request (Pradip's, not yours, Matthew). Most people feel honored that someone else deems them worth following. If you are posting things that you don't want someone else to see (an employer, perhaps?), then you should reconsider the wisdom of posting those things. SCN is a public professional forum, it is not Facebook, as Dev said above. Although many of us do "socialize" with our online colleagues here, at the end of the day it isn't about being a social network. Everything (with a few exceptions of some private spaces) is very public here.

If you expect your questions to be answered only by those who follow you, and you don't want anyone following you who doesn't answer your questions, well, you aren't going to get many questions answered then, are you? Most of the time, questions are answered by people who are following the space you post the question to, not by people who are following you (though they may be doing that as well).

You would do better to focus on who you follow, not who follows you. That is something you can control.

Cheers,

Matt

former_member182297
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

From the time I am posting in this forum , hardly i can post though ... most of my posts gets blocked by the people here ->> who according to Matt follows the space I post . lol

And further read carefully what I posted before & then compare with what you have written above,I quote below ...

Matt Fraser wrote:

If you expect your questions to be answered only by those who follow you, and you don't want anyone following you who doesn't answer your questions, well, you aren't going to get many questions answered then, are you? Most of the time, questions are answered by people who are following the space you post the question to, not by people who are following you (though they may be doing that as well).

Cheers,

Matt

I never wrote & meant, that I don't want my questions to be answered by those who don't follow me , i wrote ...

"I don't want him/her to know what I am now posting as he/she never answers my questions." Does that mean that I include those people who don't follow me but still cared to answer or rather remove my question consequently(laughing out loud) ?

Cheers for such a "GREAT" site (coughing out loud).

GOD bless you so that you can all secure your jobs more firmly from intruders by denying knowledge share & wish GOD blesses me a little more so that I can secure myself a job .

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As of this moment I have no idea what you are complaining about. Sorry. I tried.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So what is actual purpose of 'stop following me' ? I can guess something different from your this post.

rosenberg_eitan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I knew that logging in today will be interesting......

This is the first time (at least for me) that you admit that you do not understand...

But I also think that you are not alone....

Regards .

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradip

The summaries of this post are in relation to your specific question

1. You cannot control who follows you but have choice in who you follow
  2. It is open who can see those following you but others might follow you by regularly searching your activity stream (not secured as they can go straight to the URL).
  3. If someone follows you it can be a sign of respect and a compliment as to the quality of your contributions (there are badges/awards based on community influence which is partly based on who many followers you have)
  4. If a person following you is showing stalking behaviour or making you feel uncomfortable then you are encouraged to contact SCN support via email and tell them what is happening. A global moderator will investigate the accusation and take action with the person if deemed necessary. If they are doing something against community rules they will be warned and account deactivated.
  5. The people who follow you may be passive in the community as they are learning from you. In turn, I would assume you follow others for same reason. Over time, those passive members may actually gain knowledge and confidence to pay it back and become active. Without realising, you may unknowingly contribute to community improvements by assisting such members. Again, another compliment if you choose to see the benefits. Someone following you is a sign of respect.

Based on your comments in this thread, are you are implying that anyone who does not follow you is welcome to answer your questions but anyone who does should answer your questions or they are not worthy of following you? If you don't mean this please read through your posts and reflect so you can see how many of us have drawn that conclusion.

I am unsure if you are referring only to a specific person or in general. If someone else followed you would you be just as frustrated? If it's a specific person then it goes back to my 4th point.

In relation to some of your comments above - it seems you are getting frustrated at people taking the time to trying to help you (or you don't think they are helping as you have not received the answer you want: how to stop someone following you).

From the time I am posting in this forum , hardly i can post though ... most of my posts gets blocked by the people here ->> who according to Matt follows the space I post . lol

This statement is off topic to your question and any advise given. You have participated enough SCN About/Support/Coffee Corner/other posts relating to "why my post got blocked" where members have come in and provided answers as to why content is blocked.

Really, it's all come back to you disagree with the reasons. The reason you make mentions "most of the people here" is because a lot of us dedicate a lot of our free time to maintain the quality of SCN. W

Writing "GREAT" as capital in quotations and adding a coughing comment implies sarcasm. If that's not what you mean then again I recommend you reflect on how you are wording your responses.

If you are trying to convey the tone of sarcasm then what an insult to the people in the community who are trying to help you. What an insult to the people who having helped solve your problem.

GOD bless you so that you can all secure your jobs more firmly from intruders by denying knowledge share & wish GOD blesses me a little more so that I can secure myself a job .

I'm actually stumped on this one as to what you mean by this statement. It has an attacking tone and more sarcasm (again what that your intention?). Are you implying

1. Regular Members protect their job opportunities by interrupting and preventing sharing of information to those who are new to SAP and trying to learn?
  2. You are missing out on a job opportunities believe the some fault lies with the community as you can't get your questions answered and refuse to comply to the rules?

If you believe the first case to be true then all the regulars you refer to would not provide any answers or directions to the community. Our activity streams would remain empty and they only thing we'd do is press the alert moderator button (after all we are protecting our jobs). You would not see the detailed comments, documents or blogs that we produce.

If your believe in the second, I think the bigger issue you have in the job market is not your aptitude but your attitude of entitlement. Where are you taking any personal responsibility for your actions? This community - all spaces - will provide you the assistance and time if you follow SCN rules and do your best to research first, trial and error and explain to the community what you have attempted; what hasn't worked for you; where you are at and what assistance you need as oppose to "send me step by step instructions" which are typically found on help.sap (no idea if that's why your post is rejected but  lot of them are for that reason)

Is your next move to now accuse me and others here of arrogance and rudeness?

Regards

Colleen

P.S the answer to your question is to be professional and directly contact them via a private message. Whilst someone follows you, you can follow them in return and then send direct messages. You could explain to them you don't feel comfortable/whatever reason and politely ask them to stop and give your reasons. You never know you might get an interesting response from them that changes your point of view. Of course, if their behaviors if bad the contact SCN support.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Colleen, just... wow. What an amazing, beautiful, perfectly articulate response.

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Colleen,it's really a nice one from you on the Pradip's comment to Matt.

I'm actually stumped on this one as to what you mean by this statement. It has an attacking tone and more sarcasm (again what that your intention?).

We all are here to help other members without deserving any type of recognition as well as not to secure our jobs.Helping to others is just a symbol of sharing,kindness and motivation for other SCN members.

Without sharing of knowledge no one can be the perfect and by asking no one could be the deficient.

So in my opinion to gain something we need to be the learner first (like me) and then share and respect.

Looking forward for your great contributions to SCN.

Good luck !!

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think I might have figured it out. Possibly he feels stalked by moderators because his posts are so often being rejected. It would explain the sarcasm, especially as he doesn't like the moderation practices here, and seems to feel that the moderators are a law unto themselves.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3764776

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Speaking as someone who has not rejected any of our questions, if you ask questions that are contrary to the rules of the site, or harm the site for other users (like FAQ, very basic questions that should have been covered in your training, or are easy to answer with a little research), then they'll get rejected.

This is not because you are being singled out for attention, it's because you're breaking the rules. Anyone who breaks the rules in this way will get exactly the same treatment.

If you post good questions, then you'll find that people are glad to share their knowledge. Thousands of questions are posted each week and thousands of answers are given. Many people who haven't got jobs yet manage to ask questions and get answers. Therefore your claim that anyone is denying knowledge as some form of job protectionism is laughable and demonstrably utterly false.

What is actually happening is that the site doesn't work how you would like it to. If you use the site as it is supposed to be used, then you'd find it helpful. It really is terribly simple.

Here's some knowledge I'm delighted to share with you. If you use this knowledge well, it will help you in your career.

1. Read this blog:

2. Before posting reading the documentation in the area that you're having difficulty

3. Before posting, try a few things

4. Before posting search. Google can be quite good for this, especially if you add :site scn.sap.com to your search parameters

Finally, you cannot stop people following you. It's not functionality offered by software that the site runs on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradip,

The obvious question here is why do you want to stop someone following you?  If they are doing something they shouldn't then you should report it to a moderator or the global SCN team.

Cheers,

G.

former_member182297
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gareth,

I want to do that because I feel that person might be following what I post ,which I dont want , that is I dont want him/her to know what I am now posting as he/she never answers my questions. Thats it!!

Regards

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there any secret ? Why don't you want to allow him to see your post (activity) ?

It doesn't matter he answers your question or not. Do you want that only these peoples should follow you who will answer your question ?

By the way you haven't much activity and you have only one follower.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I feel that person might be following what I post ,which I dont want

Even without logging in to SCN also, one can read your post.  This being the case, what are going to achieve?

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182297
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi Sir,

That is accidental if by Google Search he/she reads my post but he/she can' follow me. Following is like Police after a thief, a spy after culprit, a guy after some girl. lol

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are taking it wrong. People are following someone to get some valuable post from him/her, so that they didn't miss any valuable reply from him/her.

Following a member only can get a notification in activity tab. You can able to see whose are following you.

Do you know there are two more features available in SCN as "Receive email notifications" and "Track in Communication". These option can be activated by any user (without following). If someone activate these options for your profile, then they will get notification in communication tab and email for your every single post, which you never can see or know that.

For your kind optimistic, SCN is not a social networking website (like facebook or something similar). It is a pure professional networking website.

abdullahqureshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradip,

I think it's impossible to stop the people who want to follow you. It is possible you can unfollow them.

Regards,

Abdullah

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Suggest you to mark it with SCN support at sapnetwork@sap.com .

Hope your issue will get resolved by SCN Technical support team as per your requirements.

Regards,

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)I want to remove someone from the list of followers who is already following me, how can i do that?

Under you profile need to click on the connections and then on the followers,and then on following to un follow.

2)How to prevent someone in following me in the future?

For this suggest you to mark a mail with SCN support at

Regards,

former_member182297
Participant
0 Kudos

hello Gaurav,

You didn't understand my question. I asked about how to remove someone who is already following me? You said I need to unfollow ,but that will stop me from following someone,not the other way round.

Please read my question again.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This question was already discussed. It is not possible to stop another person following you.

Read this discussion