Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSOE shows lots of error

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our rsoe shows lots of error . I serached but cant finbd whay happen.

Any idea?

E. 2015-09-04 08:54:55. <Backend-0000> Failed to lookup session for ridx=13 snum=0401 sfp=4ca811ed

E. 2015-09-04 08:54:56. <Backend-0000> Failed to lookup session for ridx=6 snum=03f7 sfp=ea7e883a

E. 2015-09-04 08:54:59. <Backend-0000> Failed to lookup session for ridx=12 snum=03ff sfp=65b08fe8

E. 2015-09-04 08:55:07. <Backend-0000> Failed to lookup session for ridx=7 snum=03f8 sfp=a42e7097

E. 2015-09-04 08:55:12. <Backend-0000> Failed to lookup session for ridx=3 snum=03ef sfp=2b16511a

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tevfik,

Did you check the server logs of Afaria? Can you find any error logs reported?

Please send a copy here.

Cheers,
Sushmitha

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I get those error on afaria side:

XRS1173: ComApp: Read Queue Failed.  EXPLANATION: The application layer could not receive a packet from the session layer via a system queue.  The Error field may provide additional information about why the packet could not be received.  ACTIONS: If this message recurs, stop and restart the Afaria service.  If the problem still persists, contact your support representative for assistance

XRS1327: Transport: Write Failed.  EXPLANATION: An error occurred while trying to send a packet via a communications port.  The Error field may provide additional information about why the packet could not be transmitted.  ACTIONS: Verify that your communications port is properly connected and that your remote device is on and responding.

AND one INFO:

XRS1159: ComApp: Restarting File:/storage/sdcard0/Yasar/Katalog/Perakende Urun Katalogu Agustos 2015.pdf Offset:2457600.  EXPLANATION: A checkpoint restart started with a file which was partially transferred or has been appended to.  The message reflects which file (and at what offset) the checkpoint restart resumed.  ACTIONS: This message is for informational purposes only.  No additional action is required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tevfik,

Please try the below support notes http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1936358 and http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1892437.

Do let us know the result.

Cheers,
Sushmitha

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think it is about overloading as KB says. But notes not match my afaria server. Here is my schedule screen

Which one is about running policy or channel really dont know. My whole clients are Android. Not iOS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tevfik,

Did you take a look at the best practices for the Scheduling of Android devices:

Windows, Windows CE, Windows Mobile and Android Device connection schedules for these device types are controlled through a default policies schedule built into the server by default.  The administrator can also make a new one when creating any new policy.  Both of these actions are performed from Policy > New (or Edit) > Schedule  when dealing with a configuration manager policy and Policy > New (or Edit) > Channels > Select channel > Schedule button.  When scheduling these types of devices, the administrator of the system can select schedule frequency, repeating times, etc of the schedule.  Randomization is highly desired to spread the connection out over time.

Unlike iOS devices, all these devices with a schedule will fire simultaneously when the time is reached unless randomized.  This is based on device time, not server time.  For example if a server has 3000 Androids all in the US eastern time zone scheduled to come to the server at 12 pm, all devices current powered on will connect.  This has the potential to overwhelm the capacity of the servers.  Adding in a randomization window of 2 hours, will spread these 3000 connections out over the time period from 12 to 2 pm.  The period is start time plus the randomization time. If 1500 were in Eastern time and 1500 in Central US time, then 1500 would attempt a connection at 12 pm and 1500 at 1 pm Eastern time.  Randomization of that same two hour period would make the connection times 12 - 2 pm for the Eastern devices and 1 -3 pm of the Central devices. It is worth noting that new schedules and edits to schedules will be delivered to the devices on the next connection.  If it is a new schedule on a device which has not had a schedule prior, it may be necessary to outbound notify this device to connect to the server.  Use an Apply Policies command if this schedule is on a configuration policy and the Run Channel if the schedule is attached to a session policy. Randomization is done when the schedule is first applied to the device.  The random time the device uses will be the same until a change or new schedule is applied.

Make sure you aware of the above practices for the scheduling.

Cheers,
Sushmitha

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

İf i am not misunderstanding there is no policy or channel -session scheduling for android devices. Randomized.

But, when I start  to push app policy to my 500 android devices with one click , process works for 500 devices at certain time. Right? So to prevent overload I have to use outbound notification and BW throttling.

Am I rgiht?