Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule editor becoming blank with Javascript code

former_member199619
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I create any rule having Javascript code inside it, the rule editor is becoming blank as shown in below image.

I am using Agentry Editor of version 70.8.0.10

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Also experience the same issue viewing the JavaScript and get the blank screen (I'm on the same Eclipse version as yourself )

Having said that to edit the JavaScript, right click on the line below -

Then you'll be able to view/update the JavaScript rule -

Bill - FYI the Java version is below -

Cheers,

Stephen

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shyam,

After reviewing this by multiple SAP Support Engineers (we normally have a weekly review for SCN unanswered article), the feedback was that based on some other known issue of other customers; this could be related to some incompatibility on your Agentry definition or export that you used to import to your current Agentry editor.

So this could be that your export was from an Agentry editor that may be too old compared to the Agentry editor you import this into.  So it may be a big jump.

Some idea is to sequentially import and export to the next versions of the Agentry editor until you get to your final stage.

Example:

1) Export from 6.0.56 editor.
2) Import into 6.1.0.3 editor.
3) Export from 6.1.0.3 editor.
4) Import to 7.2.0.3 editor.

5) Export from 7.0.3 editor

6) Import to 7.0.6 editor and so forth.

The goal is to sequentially import in small steps.  An export from 6.0.22 of Agentry to 7.0.6 editor is a very big jump and this may be the reason of your problem.

Best Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

former_member199619
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

But my colleague, who is on the same Agentry editor version and using the same import, able to create the javascript rules.

-Shyam

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shyam,

So there is something different about your system and your colleagues .Try to review your colleagues System Path and compare yours.

It may show a flag.

Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What JDK/JRE are you using wtih Eclipse.  I had issues with Javascript rules under ceratin versions.  I ended up going down to JDK version 1.7 and it seems better.

--Bill

former_member199619
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

I am using JDK version 1.7.

-Shyam

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Are you using an Oracle JVM or some other vendor JVM?