Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHANGEDOCU Archiving COND_A Document Review

joseph_demoya1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are starting an archiving project and have a requirement to archive change documents, we will be leveraging the archiving object CHANGEDOCU using the Archive Infostructure SAP_CHANGEDOCU1. We are successful in archiving objects MAT_FULL and COND_A. We are able to review the MAT_FULL change documents within the Archive Explorer and one is able to decipher the article number and the change that is occurring;  unfortunately for me it is not immediately apparent the best way to search through the thousands of archived records for COND_A records to find all of the records for a given Article/Material record should we have an auditing need of some sort.

This is what I know so far:

The object value being recorded for transaction code VK12 is the condition record number, I can take this number and go to table KONH and KONP field KNUMH and get the details around the change for example looking at VAKEY to get me the key details around the Sales Org Distribution Channel Article UoM etc. for the object being archived.

This is all well and good from a single record search prospective but not from a hundreds of thousands of records search prospective if we need to find relevant records for a given article/material number.

Does anyone have any direction around how to review the COND_A records in a more meaningful manner within the archive? Is there a transaction code that will allow us to search through each of the records and find the relevant few entries for the article/material required?

I appreciate any assistance or insight you might be able to provide.

Thank you,

Joseph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

benedikt_wagner_mdt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

one solution would be to enhance standard report RV16ACHD to access archived change documents. Then you don't have to worry about presentation.

This could be done in function module SD_CONDITION_CHANGE_DOCS_LOAD,  FORM READ_CHANGEDOC. You will have to determine the relevant archiving runs by reading information structure SAP_CHANGEDOCU1, open each run with ARCHIVE_OPEN_FOR_READ and call CHANGEDOCUMENT_READ with the handle.

Please mind that all users need to have authorization object S_ARCHIVE to access the archived information.

Regards,

Benedikt