cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ressource Chip not found / Loading of tile failed - error after upgrade of Sales Order App

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

we updated our system, because we weren't able to fix an error when opening the Fiori app to create sales orders. Another article here stated to update SRA017 to SRA018. We have the problem now, that the Launchpad is not working anymore.

Following components were updated:

Front-End Components:

UIX01EAP 100

UIFICA01 100

UIX01TRV 100

UIEAAP01 100

Back-End Components (ABAP):

SRA008 600

SRA009 600

SRA012 600

SRA016 600

SRA017 600

SRA018 600

SRA019 600

SRA021 600

FI

Master Data Governance

SAP_APPL 617

EA

SAP_APPL 617

1. The person installing it wanted this detailed list, we have created from the Fiori Apps Library page. Side-question I have here: What is the best way to upgrade an app, when the product version says FIORI ERP APPLICATIONS X1 1.0 and I want a general update? Is there an easier way than upgrading all these components?

2. All tiles show the following errors now: (in english: Loading of tile failed)

The error can be seen here in the Launchpad Designer, as well as in the Launchpad. The JS console shows the error "Resource Chip not found"

We are not able to open catalogs and add apps in the Launchpad. It shows a number right beside the catalog but no tiles are visible, I only find the target mappings.

I'm not sure what to do now, and I have no clue what went wrong. Any ideas? Everything worked fine before that update though.

Kind regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Please take a look at .

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

We applied /UI2/CHIP_SYNCHRONIZE_CACHE and /UI2/DELETE_CACHE_AFTER_IMP but no success.

Do you think it's necessary to walk through all steps? May it help to install the X1 upgrade again, but as mentioned in my starting post, with a dedicated installing method instead of putting all parts together manually?

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

It won't take long for executing all troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki,

we recently set up a new front-end system, where my colleagues get the resource chip error again.

It's a new installation with GW 7.4 and all components on 740.

User has SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW and my colleague says he tried every step mentioned in this thread to solve the problem. Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Michael

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

What was a solution last time?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

There was no solution the last time. No one touched the system in that regard after that.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Have you done SAP Fiori - SAP Fiori launchpad troubleshooting. ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki,

the browser says he can't find any cataloges. Here the message my colleague gets when he tries to open the catalog from the PFCG:

404 Not Found

o The server has not found anything matching the Request URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.

o Examples:

• GET: Resource not found
  • If this error occurs, the request has been sent with an invalid data key. The data you wanted to receive does not exist in the database.
  • PUT: Resource not found
  • If this error occurs, the request has been sent with an invalid data key. The data you wanted to update does not exist in the database.

In the browser is a reference to a SAP note, which leads to another SAP note with a troubleshooting guide that's not helping.

He said he worked through the nine steps of your trouble shooting guide, but it didn't help.

So, the essential problem is, that catalogs are not made available inside the front-end server.

Another question: could it help to upgrade from GW 7.4 to 7.5?

Kind regards,

Michael

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Please share the SAP_UI support package level and SAPUI5 library version.

SAP Fiori - UI Add-on SP14 notes list, SAPUI5 library 1.28.23

Have you checked authorization trace?

SAP Fiori LL20 - Role and Authorization settings for SAP Fiori launchpad

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

our level is 740 SP14, Runtime 1.28.13

Authorization is SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW with additional roles, that are said to be missing in these two.

Here the screens when opening from PFCG (clicking on the first item in the context menu):

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I seems you have not applied required notes. If you do not want to apply notes, you can try SAP_UI SP15.

The last screenshot says,  customizing request is not found. I guess you have not assigned any customizing request in the Launchpad Designer.

Creating Transport Requests for User Changes - SAP Fiori Launchpad - SAP Library

Regards,

Jochinnabathini
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Michael,

I see two issues here, 1. Chips (Cannot load tile). 2. Cannot load catalogs and groups.

For 1st issue, it is related to your Delivery Units needs to be redeployed again with right approach. Please refer to sap note 2158380.

For 2nd issue:

1. Upload the latest SAPUI5 library file 1.28.21 as per note 2241967

And apply the steps as mentioned in 2118663 sap note

Run program /UI5/UI5_UPLOAD_PATCH_TO_MIME – Execute and upload the file UI5CLIENT28P_21-80000549.zip in test mode.

There is also patch 1.28.24 available, there is no harm in applying that also. But dont go beyond versions, unless if you are planning to have NW 750. If you want to stay with NW 740 then upload the UI5 libraries to 1.28.21 or 1.28.24.

2. Once test mode is showing up fine results, then proceed with execution mode by unchecking the test mode and putting a Workbench request.

3. Status should be showing Tick mark for all the files.

4. Once it is done, clear the Gateway server cache by running report /UI2/INVALIDATE_GLOBAL_CACHES in execution mode.

Hope this helps for getting your catalogs and groups back.

I would recommend to fix 2nd issue and then fix 1st issue.

thanks,

JC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

we found the problem elsewhere. The solution is described in the SAP Fiori book by Englbrecht/Wegelin in chapter 7.1.3. RFC-Trusted connection was not properly configured.

I'm sorry for the confusion, as we expected the connection to be properly set up and the error coming from the front-end.

Kind regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki,

thank you for your help. My colleague found the problem in the incomplete configuration of the trusted-rfcs.

Kind regards,

Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Do you have admin roles ?

SAP_UI2_ADMIN_700

Ensure you check SU53 checks and failed objects and assign necessary object.

For chip error, these are the basic auth objects to be assigned to a custom role in pfcg.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

My colleague added all the auth settings to the admin and user role, with no effect though, we still get the chip error.

Is it necessary to have both roles when accessing the Launchpad? At least that's what we did. The error appears in launchpad and admin view, despite the two having different auth settings applied. Is that a hint, that something else is wrong?

Here the URL that throws the error:

http://oursystem:8000/sap/opu/odata/ui2/page_builder_cust/Chips('X-SAP-UI2-PAGE%3AX-SAP-UI2-CATALOGP...

I think it has something to do with the X1 upgrade and it can't find the chip for SAP_SD_BC_FIELDSALESREP_X1. Which is correctly created and applied to the user though.

SU53 shows nothing, also ST01 is only showing successful authorizations, no errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

I have another question, you suggested to add a new role, but when the user has SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW, is it still possible to get errors related to authority checks?

Kind regards,

Michael