cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowest Sequence Number in Status Schema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the customizing documentation of SAP regarding the lowest sequence number of status schema says the following:

"

Lowest status number

An object (order, project, ...) can have several statuses at the same time. However, only one of the statuses may have a status number. If another status with a status number is activated, the old status with a status number is deactivated. This is only valid under certain conditions. The system makes a note of the status with the highest status number that has been reached up to the present. The "lowest number" of this status number determines which status number a new status must have.

Examples

Status A has status number 30 and the 'lowest status number' 10. Status B has status number 40 and the 'lowest status number' 20.

• Once status B was active for the object, only statuses with numbers 20 or higher may be activated, even if status A is currently active.
  • However, if status B has never been active, statuses with status numbers 10 or higher may be activated if status A is currently active."

What I need the system to do is not to make a note of the highest status number reached (or the lowest seq. number of this status to be exact).

For example: If status C is reached it is possible to go back to status B but from there I want to go another step back to A, but not directly from C to A.

NumberDescriptionLowestHighest
10A1020
20B1030
30C2030

Is there any possibility to achieve this or do you think its just not possible in solman 7.1.?

Thanks!

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess this is possible, you need to insert one more PPG actions with the appropriate sequence number. Then use the HF_SET_STATUS method in that which will rever back your status from B to A. But just keep in mind that PPF action should be active when you had status B.

Thanks

Rishav

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias

Please let me know if this issue is resolved.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishav,

sry I couldn't reply sooner. I was able to change the system behavior described earlier.

Look at notes:

The first one describes a modification and will set the described behavior globally for all profiles. I recommend the second one, because it uses a BAdI and you can choose if you want to set it globally or selective for specific profiles.

Also, the blog entry mentioned by tom was very helpful for a deeper understanding.

Thanks to both of you!

Regards

Tobias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias

Did you read this blog by Michael Volmer?

It provides you insight into how the system interprets this into more detail versus help.sap.com information.

Kind regards

Tom