cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create a new version is not possible in DMS DVS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I created a new daocument status VL (temporary) this is an exact copy of the Status FR (released).

Now I want to create a new version of a dokument what is in the status VL (temporary) and I receive this

error. "The previous version (C) has the wrong status (VL)"

I can create new versions from the status FR (released) or the status locked.

Anybody an idea how I can manage this?

THX

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

could you please provide use a detailed step by step description and if possible screenshots. Because I tested now in my system and here the document info record gets saved before the new version is created and so the previous status is set again.

Because normally status of type 'T' (temporary) are not kept when you save the document. So I do not know how you managed it to get a stored document info record (version C) with this status of type 'T'.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

this is my temp status:

when I try to create a new version of a DIS with the status VL I get this message:

"The previous version (C) has the wrong status (VL)"

It looks like that the status check is hard coded, I found this during debugging the code.

This looks to me, a new version is only possible out of the status FR ; SP and UN.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

thanks for the detailed information. Based on the coding where the message ZP 030 is raised it is quite clear that this is an individual check implemented by using BADI DOCUMENT_MAIN02 and method D100_BEFORE_PAI.

So please check with the person who has created this coding in your company because it seems that new versions should only be created by specific status.

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

thanks for confirming my thoughts.

Best regards

Christian