cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLM: New Contract Document Upload Mask - Hide/Non-Editable Field

0 Kudos

Hello experts!

C
urrently I’m trying to figure out if there is a possibility to hide the contract document phase field in the "New Contract Document" mask while uploading a contract document. The alternative way is to make the mandatory “Phase” field non-editable.

I have tried with page customization to hide this field but it doesn’t work. My second try was to make it non-editable. But if I do that no field value appears so that this error message appears as follows. Is there a possibility to freeze a default value for it?

I would appreciate if anybody has some clues to solve this problem.

Kind regards,
Heiko

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heiko,

I have done by not allowing all users for phase selection while upload through security profiles.( we didn't required the phase selection for any user).

In Class security profiles go to Contract Generation-->Contract Document-->phase selection during upload and select Deny

Thanks

Uday

0 Kudos

Hello Uday,

thanks for your answer and yes it works perfect The phase selection does not appear due to the security profile settings.

Thanks to all the others for the help, too

Best regards,
Heiko

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Heiko,

Firstly, you need to make the Phase field non-mandatory and then hide the field.

This will solve your issue.

Regards,

Vignesh

0 Kudos

Hello Vigneshwar,

thanks for your answer I tried out to set the field "non-mandatory" but it does not work. No effect can be identified in the Contract Document Upload Mask.

Regards,
Heiko

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

That is correct. Mandatory fields designated by the application can't be made non mandatory.  If you decided to make a mandatory field non editable, it will let you do that but you must somehow deal with setting a proper value  possiblyprogramatically through scripting.

Regards,

Gary

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Heiko,

First, make sure you are adding Page Customisations for the correct object. It should be 2011 (CD transitional bo):

Hiding the phase is working correctly in my system V10 SP5, and I remember it was working on 9 as well.

Phase should be automatically defaulted to draft, and hiding it should not pose any issues:

Regards,

Bogdan

0 Kudos

Hello Bogdan,

thanks for your quick answer. I have select the same object like you. I've got the same idea and I guessed that this field will be disappear indepedent which choice of contract document will be done because the value can only be "Draft".

However it does not work. In page customization I made the following settings to disappear this field. Usually it shall be disappear but it does not.

Any idea?

0 Kudos

Hi Garry,

thanks for your quick reply. Like you said I guess so that this issue can be only solved by scripting.

Regards,
Heiko

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like a bug in the application. My settings are identical and working fine.

What version and SP are you on?

PS: I'll try a different approach and share the results later.

Bogdan

0 Kudos

Hello Bogdan.

Yes, of course I do. We've got CLM 10.0 and SP and SP 6.0.
I'm not sure if it is a bug maybe CLM does not allow to change some kind of fields by custopmizing...

Thanks for your help

Kind regards,

Heiko