cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version Control and Transport Management in SAP Native/Enterprise HANA

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are in the process of implementing a solution where we have DS and HANA in our landscape.

So we are loading data into tables through DS from sources to HANA inside the catalog folder schema(s) and are developing Information views/models on top of these tables.

we are planning to implement version control for this tables(catalog objects) and content objects(views).

As per my understanding and search from scn I found out that the we can implement it by creating repository and assigning it to the workspace  for the developers in the project.

Can you help me with the correct approach or links for version controlling and also the steps for transport management of moving these objects from one environment to another like Dev,QA etc.

Current HANA DB version we are using is SP09.

Regards,

Charles

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

Below link provides the step by step guide

In order to implement version control on catalog object, we need to create objects via Project explorer.

Eg: To maintain version history for tables, create  xxx.hdbdd or xxx.HDBTABLE (older version) files.

Regards,

Deepak

0 Kudos

Thanks Deepak.

Can you help me if you have any idea on HALM step by step process and prerequisites for transporting objects across environments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check below links:

Answers (0)