Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SAPCAR installing in win server 2012

Hello guys,

I am new to SAP. I have downloaded SAPCAR file (SAPCAR_0-80000938) from sapmarketplace. Kindly help me to install or configure sapcar in win 2012 server 64bit. I know how to do uncar the SAR files but never installed and configured sapcar  . Your help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Ibrahim yooseff

Former Member
Former Member replied

copy the path Eg:C:\Windows\System32 and rightclick on the Computer ->properties->advanced system settings--> Environment variables and i think system32 folder path is already set as in enviroment variable, so you have to try sapcar command from command line..if it fails follw the procedure to add the path in environment variable.

or you can create folder and add sapcar_XX.exe and SWPM which you want to extract and follow the procedure as S Sriram shown, I just told you how sapcar could access globelly.

but if you copied the sapcar.exe into system32 you can access sapcar.exe from any command line so you  have to add the path before your swpm file to extract

Eg: C:\users\usr1>sapcar -xvf <path where your SWPM _XX.SAR resides> -f <path for where the sar files should be extracted>

Regards,

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question