cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to know about application through which an existing .RPT file can be edited in visual studio 2013 ASP.net project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to edit an existing .RPT file (Crystal report file) being used in one of our ASP.net project.

We are using Visual studio 2013 for this project. Please help me in finding a suitable application to edit this .RPT file.

I will like to know the application through which we can edit this .rpt file is free or licensed application.

Also Do I need to integrate this application with Visual studio 2013 in order to edit the .rpt file.

Operating system of our development machine - windows 7 professional 64 bit.

Thanks,

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have a couple of options:

1.  Download and install the "Install Executable" of SAP Crystal for Visual Studio from here:  .  This will integrate into Visual Studio.  Not only will this give you the ability to edit the report, it will also give you everything you need to integrate the report into your application.  This is the only version of the SDK that is supported in VS 2013.  If you have an earlier version of the Crystal Reports  SDK installed, be sure to uninstall it prior to installing this version - the new version does not "play well" when installed side-by-side with an older version.  The SDK is free if you are using the application within your company only.  If the application will be sold to other companies or if the website is exposed for non-employees to access, you will need to contact SAP Sales for licensing.

2.  Download a trial version of Crystal 2013 from here:  SME Free Trials | SME Software | SAP.  Use this to edit your report.  This is a 30-day free trial, but it does not provide any part of the SDK.

-Dell

Answers (0)