cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSDB Migration: table checker error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Boris,

We have done rerun of export /import and this time all tables are exported and Import also performed Successfully. And in the Package checker log and Objects Checker log every thing is perfect and there is no invalid objects, but we are performing the Table checker option for Target system and we are facing the below error:

Regarding this issue I have raised a thread in NWA forum but no use didn't get any solution and we are struggling for this please check and help us

Dear Experts,

We have migrated our ECC6EHP4 dev system DB size:470 GB from Solaris5.10 with oracle 11.3 to RHEL6.4 with MAXDB 7.8, during migration Import we have sleeted the option interrupt installation before sap instance starts as per recommend for Table checker option and then we have started the Table cheker on target system and we are getting the below error:

./table_checker.sh -unicode -tocDirs /software/PATCHESOLD/ABAP/DATA -user SAPRQA -password sapadmin1234 -url jdbc:sapdb//localhost/RQA

+ /sapmnt/sapjvm_4/bin/java -showversion -cp ./.:./migcheck.jar:/sapdb/RQA/db/runtime/jar/sapdbc.jar com.sap.inst.lib.app.SecureStartup '' com.sap.inst.migcheck.TableChecker -unicode -tocDirs /software/PATCHESOLD/ABAP/DATA -user SAPRQA -password sapadmin1234 -url jdbc:sapdb//localhost/RQA

java version "1.4.2_34"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 4.1.030)

SAP Java Server VM (build 4.1.030 23.5-b02, May  9 2013 00:04:58 - 41_REL - optU - linux amd64 - 6 - bas2:196055 (mixed mode))

File not found: /sapmnt/MIGCHECK/table_checker_cmd.properties

Required system resources are missing or not available:

Error loading JDBC driver using 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver' class

We have followed the note 2009651 - Table Checker Tool as Part of a System Copy with R3loadand MIGCHEK Guide which is available through migchek.sar file , but we are unable to get the results. and the same I have checked in source system after export it went fine.

when we are checking in target database , it is throwing error as

Required system resources are missing or not available:

Error loading JDBC driver using 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver' class

For the error:Required system resources are missing or not available: we are already in NW7.01(In above note The table check procedure is supported for SAP systems based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0x and higher) so the same is working in Source system and in Target system it is showing the error.we have followed all the prerequisites in the Migration checker guide

For the Error:Error loading JDBC driver using 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver' class, here we are trying in target database maxdb and why it is asking the oracle jdbc class

WE have cheeked the table checker option with SUM tool but that will not help us  in our case , source and target systems are not in same endain type.

The Package checker and Object checker went successfully during target import . Please help in this case how can we perform the table checker option.

Regards,

Samba

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BorisZarske
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Samba,

I guess you missed the "-driver" parameter in your call, so table checker is trying to use a default driver (which is an Oracle driver). Please try the following command instead:

./table_checker.sh -unicode -tocDirs /software/PATCHESOLD/ABAP/DATA -user SAPRQA -password sapadmin1234 -driver com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.DriverSapDB -url jdbc:sapdb//localhost/RQA?timeout=0&spaceoption=true&unicode=true

as described in the migration checker document from the archive. Did you also set JDBC_JAR environment variable ("The JDBC_JAR environment variable must point to the jar file with the JDBC driver")?

Best regards,

Boris

BorisZarske
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

P.S.: I branched your reply from the previous discussion (), as this now deals with another issue, I hope this was okay - please mark the previous discussion as "answered". Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

I have tried the checker by setting JDBC_JAR environment variable to the respective jar file and also i tried along with -driver com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.DriverSapDB already still the same issue we are facing , then i have tried by setting the db url also & I have done all the  possibilities as per MIGCHEK guide and as per your suggestion  still it is throwing same error.

Please suggest

Regrads,

Samba

BorisZarske
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Samba,

A colleague cross-checked the execution of the table checker tool on SAP MaxDB on Microsoft Windows and succeeded with the following command (to be adapted to Linux and your host/SAPSID, of course):

D:\jdk1.6.0_29\bin\java -cp .\migcheck.jar;D:\sapdb\clients\RC1\runtime\jar\sapdbc.jar
   -Xmx1024m com.sap.inst.migcheck.TableChecker -unicode -tocDirs
   D:\export_without_decl
\ABAP\DATA -user SAPRC1 -password <password>
   -driver com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.DriverSapDB -url jdbc:sapdb://wdflbmd8844:7210/RC1

If this does not work out, it might be that the JDBC driver for SAP MaxDB is missing or has a wrong version (not compatible to the installed JDK).

Best regards,

Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Boris,

Thansk  a lot , we have an issue with JVM , We have used latest and it went fine

Regrards,

Samba

BorisZarske
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Samba,

That is good news, thanks a lot for the update!

Best regards,

Boris