Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in the DIR created by SAP DMS R/3 and Easy DMS

former_member213716
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

My Client required to monitor or analysis the usages of SAP DMS for which they need to develop report which give information like particular DIR in DMS was created through which interface and source.

Like if a particular DIR XYZ is created in DMS from PDMLINK (external device) which use interface DVSLADER so I can provide him report that this number of DIR was created from Source PDMLINK and Interface used DVSLADER.

But I am not able to differentiate between DIR created from SAP DMS R/3 system and Easy DMS.

Pls suggest me any key point which differentiate DIR Created from SAP R/3 and Easy DMS.

rgds

rkp

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi RKP,

generally there is no difference for the single document info record which can be found in database tables like DRAW or DRAP. Because there is technically no difference between a document info record created in the R/3 system or EasyDMS which calls BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2 for document creation in the backend.

However if you want to know how many document into records are created in EasyDMS you have to read out the informatoin of the document BOM (folder). Because all document info records created in EasyDMS must be assigned to a folder (document BOM). So you have to know the folder (BOM header) document data and then you can check the data in table STPO for the positions in the folder.

To get the BOM number of the folder document, you can use transaction CV13. Here enter the folder document data and then display the header information. Here you will find the field BOM with a number.

With this number you can do a selection on table STPO in transaction SE16. Here enter the BOM number to field STLNR and execute. This selection will list up all positions of the folder and by using field ANDAT you will find out when this position was created and who created it.

Another option could be to use BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETSTRUCTURE or BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETMULTIDETAIL.

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

As DIR is created from the BAPI BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2  in both cases we cannot differentiate it through std way, If require we may need to go for custom development, (i.e  we may need to update the field USERDEFINED1(or some other field) in BAPI while creating it from RFC/ either way to differentiate.

We can update the BOM through CV12 which can give you inconsistency.

Rgds,

Nayeem.