Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External definition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have two ways to import xsd

one is from datatype we can import our xsd

the other way is from external definition we can import (xsd,wsd,dtd)

which way is the best to import xsd.

is there any specific reasaon for having two ways to import xsd?

and one more thing, Are thery any formats other than xsd,wsd,dtd?

Appreciate your help....

Regards,

Mansoor.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mansoor,

<i>

>>>>in the message type the first node will be the name of message type which v have given ...</i>

Exactly..1st node will be name of MT inside <b><xsd:element> element.</b>

Thanks,

Maheshwari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mansoor,

yes.... u can import xsd either in Datatype or in external definitions.

If u import xsd in data type u need to create MT and then Message Interface.

But if u import xsd in external definitions there is no need to create DT and MT....directly MI.

u can check while creating MI....its gives us only 2 options..either MT or External Definiions.

one more thing is xsd of data type never has element node it....and its not a valid xml(u can try creating xml from this xsd in XMLSpy...n see what error u get) ...<i>thats why we create MT...it creates encapsulation(wrapper)...and thus valid xml.</i>

Thanks,

Maheshwari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, for your valuable input maheswari

in the message type the first node will be the name of message type which v have given ...

Regards,

Mansoor

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When you create a data type in IR you can take out that XSD and use somewhere but the vice versa is not true. Because XSD that is generated when you are creating a datatype has certain objectID(GUID) which are only internal to XI. You can try creating a Datatype check in XSD there are object ID that are generated which will not be available when you import a external XSD. And thats the reason for External Definiton.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mansoor,

I agree with Jai, there is only one standard way to import xsd and other is to copy it from editor.

Both the method are fine, but standard one preferable.

These are the only 3 standard external interfaces which are XML Standard.

XSD

WSDL

DTD

The advantage of using it that, by importing them you are directly creating the interfaces supplied.

Regards,

Ramesh P

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You cannot import WSDL from Data Type. It allows only XSD to import. and Message Type, you cannot even import the XSD, you can only export message type to XSD. And when you import an XSD or WSDL its equivalent to Message Type, not data type which you can create from Message type tab. It has to be imported in external definition.

But in general, you'll load the WSDL/XSD files into external definition because those are defined external to XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mansoor,

If you have the structure of data as XSD format, then you have to use external defnitions. No other way. I am not sure how you can import from a data type. All you can do is if you create a data type using the editor, then you can <b>export</b> the xsd from the data type.

So you have to go with external defnitions.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

jai,

if i am not wrong .v do have option in data type editor to import xsd...

we can't import in message type..v can only export xsd in message type

is there any significance for these two options?

Regards,

Mansoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mansoor,

In data type there is an option for iport in "edit" mode. But do not use it. If you want to import an external XSD, use the standard approach. Use external defnitions to import the XSD.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jai thanks for the prompt reply,

Is there any reason for not use data type ditor to import xsd?

plz give me clear idea on the same.

Appreciate ur help and points will be rewarded.

Thanks

Mansoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jai thanks for the prompt reply,

Is there any reason for not use data type ditor to import xsd?

plz give me clear idea on the same.

Appreciate ur help and points will be rewarded.

Thanks

Mansoor

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You do not require to create a datatype. If you already have the description of the message structure in your case XSD you can use it in the Integration Repository by importing it as an EXTERNAL DEFINITION rather than re-entering it manually using the data type editor. When you already have the message in xml format, why do you need a datatype, hope the reason is clear to you now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In general Data type is DTD,message type XSD, message interface is WSDL.

You canuse if you have already exported XSD from data type , in another systems or the same systems , i mean for reusability is one reason,

Similarly there are some situations the XSDs are supplied in your task , so you must use.for some security reasons.

And if you have the XSD , then better to import it under external definition.

if you import it here you can have the external namesapce as ref , offcourse you can modify it to your current namespace

When you import the xsd from the data type editor , did you check the namespace , which one it refers???, did you faced any problem. i hope it will.

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

You canuse if you have already exported XSD from data type , in another systems or the same systems , i mean for reusability is one reason,

ya its pretty clear with ur above sentence.

Similarly there are some situations the XSDs are supplied in your task , so you must use.for some security reasons.

Security reasons????? didn't get what it is?

coming to ur external namespaces? i didn't get.

in the dattype editor wehave coloumns like datatype name and namesapce and softwar component version?

Regards

Mansoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

chandra i added 2 points for the time being

wanna give 6 points

Thanks

Mansoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

ya its pretty clear with ur above sentence.

Security reasons????? didn't get what it is?

coming to ur external namespaces? i didn't get.

in the dattype editor wehave coloumns like datatype name and namesapce and softwar component version?

Regards

Mansoor