cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quota issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts.

In our on-prem instance of Mobile Documents I switched on the Quota setting by limiting data to 20 GB (20000 MB). Since a few days I am getting warnings from my Mobile Documents Client, telling me that i already consumed 90% of my quota.

See the screenshot (my apologize for the german languge)

I checked my files, and I could not locate that high amount of data.

So for a test I switched OFF the quoata settings in the Mobile Documents Admin Console. Then I checked what the Mobile Documents Client tells me.

It tells me that I have used about 4 Gigs of Diskspace, which seems to be a correct value. But when I switch on the quota again, it tells me that I have about 18 Gigs of data.

Seems that something is calculation wrong.

Any hints?

Thanks

Ernst

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ernst,

Please check if the quota reports are turned on and configured for your repositories.

The details can be found here:

Scheduling KM Quota Consistency Reports - SAP Mobile Documents - SAP Library

Regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Florian,

Thank you very much for your answer. There was really nothing configured in that settings.

I set

• com.sap.mcm.km.cmis.quota.report.enabled to TRUE
  • com.sap.mcm.km.cmis.quota.report.minutes to 60 (for testing now - i will revert it ti 1440 later)
  • com.sap.mcm.km.cmis.quota.report.repositories to mydocuments,shareddocuments (my configured repositories)

Do that values look correct? What about the corporate documents? I additional have three fsdb repositories configured for the KM, should they also be added to that schedule?

Thank you for clraification.

Ernst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ernst,

That looks alright.

Don't add corporate repositories here. The report would work, but the numbers wouldn't be taken into account.

Regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Where and how can I check if the quota report did run successful? Till now no values of my quota did change in the Mob Docs Admin portal. The report should already have run two times.

greetings

Ernst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody - good morning.

After the weekend the scheduled report task should have had run serveral times already.

Unfortunately nothing changed - I still have those strange values in my account quota.

Is there something else I couild try?

How can I check that the quota reports did run successful?

Thank you fro your help.

br

Ernst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ernst!

I have absolutely the same issue.

I created incident #801678 from 23.09.2015.

There are 3 place where quota used appears (mcm/admin, desktop client context menu, web client context menu). Sometimes quota looks correctly, sometimes no. Enabling reporting in netweaver doesn't resolve issue.

Still don't have any resolution for it unfortunately.

Boris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way - here is my thread about it:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

Please keep us updated when SAP support is able to give a solution.

In the mean time i had to switch off the quota, because some of my users (including me) had not been able to upload documents any more.

Thank you

Ernst

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Ernst,

Can you please check what is Quota in Web client showing in all the above scenarios. Is web client showing the right values or is it matching with the desktop client behaviour?

Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sunil,

Now the funny part starts. I did check the quota in the Web-App.

When quota is switched OFF, the Web-App tells me 0 MB used - which is not correct at all.

When quota is switched ON it tells me 20 Gigs of 20 Gigs free

Additionally I checked the values on the iOS and Android App when quota is ON:

iOS:

Android:

Is my system completely nuts?

Thanks for your help.

Ernst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ernst,

which usage value is shown for your user in the admin UI?

Best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I find that information in the Admin UI???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ernst,

in the Admin UI navigate to "User Data" and then type in your logon id in the search field and press the search button.

Best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

I did navigate to that area ... but have a look what I can see - no information about the consumed amount of data.

Regards

Ernst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ernst,

can you update your server to the latest patch (SP4 Patch 4)? Then the usage values should also be visible in the user table (last column).

Best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

latest patch just applied ... the result is --->

But as I told in the beginning, i have only about 3 to 4 gigs in "my documents" and "shared" repository.

Ernst