Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Type not found error

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ALl,

We have an issue with ESS.

When we click on personal profile in ESS...it is givving the error as 500 internal server error(ERROR: type not found).

We are getting the ST22 dump also but no use of this

Andin NWA log

Inline image 1

Could some one help me on this how to proceed ?

Regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajesh,

Can you please check Internet Graphic Server settings to resolve this error. These settings generally do by Basis Team

Whenever this kind of error will come contact to Basis Team, might b IGS settings missing.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Patel,

If IGS settings are in prob, Then whole portal should go into problem.

But he problem is in only in ESS and for specific country and all the services in that role are working fine

Regards,

Kiran

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

I hope you are keeping well. I was off for the weekend hence the short delay in response.

By "Service" I was referencing the Portal itself in other words "restarting the Portal". Reverting back to our discussions last weekend and the documentation we discussed you mentioned applying this documentation fix SAP Note: 2123361 Error getting document mode from iView and this resolved the issues for your partiuclar user is this correct?

Kind let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Troy,

Thank you very mush.my issue is resolved applying this note

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Absolutely no problem at all I was happy to help out and provide assistance.

Its great to hear all functionality is now operating accordingly.

Remeber if you have any Portal related issues or queries feel free to reach me directly or tag me in an SCN thread and I'll help out where possible .

Kind Regards & All The Best

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Troy,

So nice of you.

I am very happy meet people like you in my carrier.

Please let me know how can i reach you directly.

Mail ID , Mobile number or whats up number ?

Regards,

Rajesh

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Feel free to PM me directly on this (SCN) I'll receive a notification once you send me a message and I'd be happy to help out via thread discussions.

Kind Regards & All The Best

Former Member
0 Kudos

After applying this note, we are getting an error in Portal. Looks like some access issues.

Cannot process an HTTP request to servlet [prt] in [irj] web application.

[EXCEPTION]

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field com.sap.portal.prt.component.CachablePortalComponent.INVALIDATE_EVENT_TYPE (class loader service:tc~epbc~prtc~core@81227, resolved service:tc~epbc~prtc~core@81227) from class com.sapportals.portal.prt.service.hook.CacheInvalidatorHookService (class loader WCE_PRIVATE_CL_sap.com/com.sap.portal.runtime.system.hooks@412370)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.service.hook.CacheInvalidatorHookService.doEventHook(CacheInvalidatorHookService.java:19)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.connection.PortalHook.doEventHook(PortalHook.java:227)

at com.sap.portal.prt.pom.PortalNode.fireEventOnNode(PortalNode.java:337)

at com.sap.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.runRequestCycle(PortalRequestManager.java:484)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.connection.ServletConnection._handleRequest(ServletConnection.java:224)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.connection.ServletConnection.handleRequest(ServletConnection.java:101)

at com.sap.portal.prt.dispatcher.DispatcherServlet.service(DispatcherServlet.java:132)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:847)

This prevents us from using any portal roles.

Troy, did you ever come across this ?

Thanks

Santhosh

0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

The error occurs, because you are missing a fix is EP-BASIS-API.SCA.

You deployed EP-BASIS.SCA patch, which has dependency to another SCA.

The relevant fix is described in SAP note

2126231 - KM Portal Favorites iView does not render properly

In order to prevent from such cases to occur in the future, please use the dependency tool analysis, see SAP note 1974464 - SMP: Information on SCA Dependency Analysis for Java download objects

Thanks & regards,

Michal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Many thanks for the response and update.

In the screenshots of your attachment we can see the error pertaining to the following "error getting document mode from iView".

This is a theming based exception and in order to resolve it the following note documentation can be referenced and implemented:

- SAP Note: 2123361 - Error getting document mode from iView

Kindly let me know how you get on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Troy,

Thanks for your response.

i have applied this note in the morning.

Strangely the issue is resolved for my user id( portal administrator).

But for all the users the issue still exist.

Please suggest me more how to go on

Regards,

Rajesh

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Have you cleared the Portal caches and restarted the service?

In previous cases I've worked on this note did indeed solve the issue and is the resolution also in this instance.

You are correct in your observations that it is strange that its only resolve the error for just your user.

Kindly let me know how you get on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Troy,

I have cleared all type of caches of portal. restarted the IE browser.

I dont understand what service you are talking about ?

May be my experience is not enough to catch your point.

Please let me know which service you want me to restart ?

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Troy,

Any update on this

Regards,

Rajesh

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

I hope you are well and many thanks for getting in contact with me

Regarding the scenario you mentioned encountering an issue with ESS upon clicking personal profile and then you subsequently encounter the 500 internal server error.

• Ok firstly are there any likely changes made recently which prompted this to begin occurring?

In terms of over-viewing the error itself: ERROR: type not found I can view the image you provided as I myself encounter a 403 error exception.

Is there any chance you could reproduce the issue and attach the snippet of the log file pertaining to the issue to this discussion I can continue my analysis from there?

Let me know if you have any difficulties.

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

I have attached the screen shot of NWA log and error message in portal. If surely you ABAP dump please provide me your mail id. i will forward you.

Regards,

Rajesh