Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Batch Split Incorrectly?

I have a problem with Batch Split.

Current inventory for raw material A:

BatchQuantity
000000000120 KG
000000000230 KG

An order that requires 40 KG of material A was created and released.

Under normal scenarios, the material will be split in such a way whereby the header batch will have 0 requirement quantity and the split batches will have non-zero requirement quantities that the total equals to the required quantity for the order as shown in the table below:

ComponentReqmt QtyUnitBatchBatch KeyCommitted Quantity
A0KG10
A20KG0000000001220
A20KG0000000002220

However, in some of my orders, the requirement quantity for the header batch is non-zero and this caused confusion for warehouse because the header batch line without a batch assigned got printed out in the pick list. For example:

ComponentReqmt QtyUnitBatchBatch KeyCommitted Quantity
A10KG110
A20KG0000000001220
A10KG0000000002210

I have checked in the system and found that out of a total of about 5000+ split batches, only 36 had this problem.

How did the header batch end up getting a non zero requirement quantity?

I tried to replicate but is not able to as the system will be able to split the batch properly.

Tags:
replied
What I do not understand is, since the system can commit the 281.146KG using the future 120,000KG, why couldn't it assign the batch as well? When a production order is created, in our system, the batch number under goods receipt tab will automatically be given based on running number.

As far as I know this the standard behavior of the system unless you do confirm your order and goods receipt is done to post the stock to new batch system would not be able to assign the batch number where as during ATP check based on checking control settings in OVZ9 we had the provision to include the future production orders to taken in to consideration.

BR
KK

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question