Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP Adapter communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All Expatiates...

I have a scenario (NFS to SFTP ) ...

I configured this scenario end to end. while i am testing the entire scenario end to end , in my PO Moni the message delivered successfully but the third party not received  the message.

In PO configuration very thing is fine.

can you please any one explore on this issue .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all...

1. I  has entered the correct SFTP details in CC

2. here Logs from message monitoring ...it not showing file directory name of SFTP server  .

3. which details i am given  in CC of  SFTP Reciever   with that details  i am able access SFTP Server using WinScp

and i am able to transfer files manually to STP SERVER through WinSCP..

But i am unable to transfer file Through SAP PO .

4. I cleared full Cache in SAP PO.

5. Tried like also  STOP and START the CC .

PLS Suggest any thing i missed .

Advance ThankQ 

former_member208404
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

Can you send us the communication channel monitor log for CC_TEST_SFTP_Rcv1.

And are you using the same credentials to login to the SFTP server in the communication channel and the WinSCP ?

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek....

Yes boss ,i am configured  same credentials in communication channel.

My Receiver CC Logs..

former_member208404
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

1. Does that user which is being used in the channel have the read write access to the folder?

2. You can try and change the file name and test it again. Change the extension of the file as well. For example "testxyz.dat". And see if you can now view the file in the folder.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

1.The user have read,write and delete permissions to that SFTP Server folder, manually i checked .

2.I tested as on  ur's suggestion changing file name and extension .....same problem the file not written in SFTP Server folder through SAP PO .

* That SFTP Server located remotely.

Please suggest

former_member208404
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

Would suggest to check with the people who maintain the SFTP server and get the logs from the server. The logs would suggest

• If they have any incoming call from SAP PO (can be either traced though the server name or IP)
  • If the files are written then what happened to them? The logs would give a clear understanding
  • If the logging is not enable, it would have to be enabled on the server and then do the testing
  • Would also suggest to ping the server from the SAP PO server and see if the ping goes successfully

Hope this helps!

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Abhishek,

1.The thing is that sftp server peoples not giving logs to us.

they are saying that we didn't received any file from SAP PO ,So how we can give the logs files,

like that they are Questioning us.

it is possible if they not received any files from sap also they can give logs of SFTP server? 

I did not understand this can pls explore in detail

""If the logging is not enable, it would have to be enabled on the server and then do the testing""

Please suggest...

former_member208404
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

The logging on a server can be enabled or disabled. It's generally disable to save disc space if the traffic is huge on the server. Also the logging can be set at different levels. What we need is for them to enable the logging for all calls which the server incoming receives from external systems.

Also you can ask the basis people to do a simple ping from the SAP PO server and test if the reply comes from the server.

Hope it was helpful!

Regards

Abhishek

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

Just trigger a file from SAP and see whether the deliver status is successful in PI or not. If it is successfull, give the logs to the server team highlighting the date and timestamp details.

Ask them to check whether does PI system is hitting at the particular time frame is actually hitting the server or not. They can check this from their logs.

If the parameters are maintained properly in the comm channel in PI, then you need to just discuss with the server team to resolve this issue.

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

try to connect SFTP server using Winscp and see whether the folder you provided in CC is available or not in that Server.

Did u converting the file from XML to flat?

If yes make sure you need to provide correct Module parameters in SFTP receiver channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu..

ThankQ for Replay..

In My scenario i am passing xml file only ..

sahithi_moparthi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check fromOS level is there any proxy settings are enabled ?If you are connecting from OS level then you have to connect with PI also.

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

please try to create another channel with same parameters and try to push the file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahithi..

ThankQ for Replay..

Can you pls explain  some detail...

OS level Proxy settings....i don't know where can i check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vishnu ...

Today i created a new CC for SFTP Receiver and started testing ....this is new scenario for day.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

As Azhar said you can have in your monitoring the processing successful but you can check the communication channel monitor if you have any exception on the audit log. Also, the problem could be a typo error and the file is generated on a wrong place, you are setting another server, the third party client had a tool that process the file and so on. Meantimes, you can do an extra scenario to get the file and to test if the message has been written or to ask for access with winscp and to control in real time if the message has been written.

Regards.

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

My few cents:

1. Check if you have entered the correct SFTP details in CC

2. Check in Logs & traces the details where the File (Dir & Name) is being written on Server

3. Login with 3rd party tool like Filezilla to SFTP server and check if the file / dir is available.

4. Check PI cache status

5. Try to STOP and START the CC n check if it helps

Regards,
Azhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all...

1. I  has entered the correct SFTP details in CC

2. here Logs from message monitoring ...it not showing file directory name of SFTP server  .

3. which details i am given  in CC of  SFTP Reciever   with that details  i am able access SFTP Server using WinScp

and i am able to transfer files manually to STP SERVER through WinSCP..

But i am unable to transfer file Through SAP PO .

4. I cleared full Cache in SAP PO.

5. Tried like also  STOP and START the CC .

PLS Suggest any thing i missed .

Advance ThankQ