cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding SAP NetWeaver as application server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i'm working on sap idm 8.0 and i want to connect to sap idm through VDS and expose the web service url from idm so that the third party tool could access the services ......................

How can i get this screen , is it on the VDS ???? i don't see anything on VDS...............

and how to deploy IDENTITYSERVICES.XML  on the server...............

in VDS i can see the configure tab but i don't see any Applicaton server????

This picture below i copied from the documentation so that you could understand..................

This pic below is from my virtual directory server

Thanks,

Anurag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

Have you gone thru VDS document on configuring Identity services and followed steps in order?

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/007543fa-16fe-2d10-7183-ae6efa493...

Let us know if you added the configuration in VDS and connected to IDM database successfully?

Kind regards,

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jai,

I was able to create the identityservices.xml file configuration .

i am also getting this error : could not find java virtual machine .............. basis team also could't help on this ................ have any idea ...............i have path to java vm and remaining attributes ( use specified compiler) ..........

Ids deployment main_listerner permissions denied???

i have connected to a repository..........how to check whether i am connected to idm repository???

i could see virtual directory tree like o=ids , o=nwidm1

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

Did you maintain relavant JVM in path environment variable and Tools/Options menu in VDS?

Also request admin access to all IDM working folder (/usr/sap/...) so that you can save the .xml file and start the server.

Kind regards,

Jai

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anurag,

Please describe in more detail what it is you wish to do?  If you want to be able to have IDM accept data, that can be done. If you want to use VDS to execute provisioning operations, I don't remember if that functionality is still there (I think it is) but we need to know more about the use case.

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

The third party application should accept the data from sap idm using generic spml client............ ( i know sap idm has  search , add , modify and delete web services )

( third party appl (access idm data through generic spml client )      ->     VDS   ( inbuilt spml client access idm data)       ->       sap idm  )

Yes if third party appl exposes web service url sap idm can access that data ....................

sap idm should  expose the web service url and the VDS should be able to access the idm data.          ( using some generic SPML client in VDS )  ................is my use case

so i was trying to generate the EAR file and trying to deploy on the sap netweaver (java) server .........

so in the VDS i was not able to generate the EAR file ..............

As per the documentation

To add deployment server

Go to configure / Application server ( which i couldn't find on VDS server)......  Please check the above screen i have posted ..........

Thanks,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

As far as I understood, first you have to configure or select your XML file by selecting open file option. Then to add deployment service, you can do as in below screenshot. The screenshot that you posted might be from latest version of VDS.

Regards,

Dileep