Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM and OSS Note Application

jeron_sanders2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our current migration strategy has us move all projects together and we have one major release every 12-18 months. We are wanting to utilize ChaRM and CSOL, DGP, etc. to enable us to move smaller, faster projects to Production to get functionality in sooner.

I am having a problem understanding how to handle OSS Notes in this new strategy. Should notes be applied in a single maintenance CTS Project that moves all applied notes when any implementations migrate? If a specific project wants a note applied, should it move with that project? How do you handle upgrades? Do you allow notes to be ToC'd like other changes? 

I have not been able to find any best practices on this and would like to know how others are handling this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeron

Yes, you can move the notes in single maintenance cycle. For the implementation projects, its good to create the implementation project and work with them. You can migrate the notes with the other implement.

Upgrade should not have any impact on the charm as their is a point where no more developments will be allowed (Development freeze). Ideally check all the open maintenance cycles/transports. I will suggest you to close them.

Please refer to below blog for more information, Set the inactive flag in SMSY as told in below.

Change Request Management scenario: Usual questions and known errors

Also there will be software versions component mismatch,  so you need to override that while transporting.

One more suggestion to take the backup of all IMG projects and relese that (specially in SOLMAN upgrades) make sure data and co files are there.

During the pre-post upgrade phase, the usage of SOLMAN will helpful in case you want to create the BPCA analsys from CHARM itself / Upgrade or change impact analysis (CDMC)/Test management etc..

I hope this will resolve your query.

Thanks

Rishav