cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP JCO 3.x destination not registered on SAP Netweaver 7.3

0 Kudos

HI All,

We are migrating our code base from SAP JCO 2.1 to SAP JCO 3.x , though we have followed standard guides and API documentation for migration, we are facing  critical issues and become bottleneck for our migration project.

Basically , our requirement is to build destinations without properties file . For which , we have written Custom DestinationDataProvider to register the destination .

Code base is working fine in Tomcat server , where as the same code base is causing issues on SAP Netweaver 7.3 environment with following issue:

DestinationDataProvider already registered [com.sap.security.core.server.destinations.provider.DestinationsProviderFrame]

Though we handled the exception by validating whether Destination is registered or not,  but we couldn't register our own destination.

Some of the forum says , these are security issues by JCO 3 and make use of ticket login module  but that doesn't help much.

I searched entire SCN database , wonder why these issues are not resolved by SAP ? (or) nobody tried working on SAP Netweaver 7.3 with JCO 3.x.

Issues logged on SCN not answered till now , I believe these are SAP Netweaver Platform 7.3 issues.

Here are some of references , I pulled :

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3485795

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1873994

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1830619

I couldn't find any SAP Note correction from SAP either from JCO 3.x or Netweaver 7.3  category. As this requirement is important , Can somebody throw light on the issue or issue fix ?

Regards,

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

There was a change in the concept from JCo 2.x to JCo 3.x.

Please check out the JCo 3.x documentation (Path: ..\javadoc\com\sap\conn\jco\ext\DestinationDataProvider.html) here you can see this among the notes:

"Only one implementation of DestinationDataProvider can be registered. For registering another implementation the infrastructure has first to unregister the implementation that is currently registered."

With NW AS Java you already have a default DestinationDataProvider and it is recommended to stick with that:

"It is not recommended to permanently exchange DestinationDataProvider registrations. The one registered instance should globally manage all destination configurations for the whole infrastructure environment."

You have to maintain your RFC destinations in NWA -> Configuration -> Infrastructure -> Destinations -> RFC Destinations. Your application needs to refer to the destinations maintained here, thus providing a centralized place for the Destination administration.

Best Regards,

Peter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply . So ideally , we have to maintain RFC Destinations on Netweaver and access the Destinations using JCO 3 API.

We initially thought of shifting the Destination creation to SAP Netweaver but as JCO2 has provision of handling JCO pool as standalone , we thought of using same approach but  we see registration issues.

However , we go with recommended approach as we can't really use SAP Netweaver registered Destination. We have completed our developments by creating our destinations on SAP Netweaver but unfortunately we can't read all Destinations using JCO3 API. some of the methods are deprecated.

You response is appreciated !!!

Regards,

Ravi.

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

So some methods do work, some don't?

Since the JCo2 and JCo3 are different from this point of view basically you would need to change/rewrite your JCo2 code. It seems to me that the developers should check why those methods are deprecated.

These links may be useful:

- Make sure you use the latest JCo. Note: 1077727.

- Our Wiki page for JCo.

- JCo tarce how-to.

- JCo 2.x - 3.x migration guide.

Best Regards,

Peter