cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authenticate against a particular AD group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a requirement to have an authentication in place where the authentication should happen against a particular AD[Active Directory] group when loggging in . Our Setup involve s SAP NW7.4 on windows and LDAP AD as UME and there are many user groups present in the AD and the requirement is to have authenticate only 1 particular users to log in . without which every user in the AD would be able to access. though without any roles.

Also know that we have SPNego authentication mechanism in place .

SPNego authentication Mechanism with the Authentication Stack as below

1)Evaluate Ticket Login Module     -- Sufficient

2)SPNego log in Module                -- Optional

3)Create Ticket log in module          -- Sufficient

4)Basic Password log in module     -- Required

5)Create Ticket login module           -- Required

Please let us know if we can use any particular login module or any custom log in module can be used for this , so that to have all the users logging in should be authenticated against a particular AD group and users from that group alone should be able to get in.

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Please let me know how you resolve that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

At first i've used Deep hierarchy, then AD groups were not visible in the JAva UME, inorder to have the groups visible i have changed the hierarchy to "FLAT". SAP notes suggest to use FLAT hierarchy inorder to see the groups.

once groups are visible. I have created a logonpolicy and enabled that logonpolicy to the vimportal page. It worked just Fine!

Regards

Pradeep