cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prompts not Working IN IDT with MultiSource.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I Created a Derived Table in Data Foundation Layer with Multi Source data providers and i have Prompts in it.The query seems not getting validated.I am IDT 4.1 SP 2.

Thanks.

Pavan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jacqueline,

Thank you for the reply.I tried as you suggested.But its not working.I changed the Prompt syntax as suggested in the resolution 1.I have like three different text prompts and two date prompts.I changed all the prompt syntax as you suggested.

Thanks.

Pavan.

former_member193452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1888841

Resolution 1:

Modify the derived table and keep the 3rd parameter of @Prompt blank. Example- Select Emp.Ename from Emp where Emp.Ename = @Prompt('Enter Name','A',,mono,free) Note: with the above change no LOV's will be shown to the user. The user will have to provide the value manually.

Resolution 2: Define a new List of Value (static or custom SQL) at the DFX level. Create a new parameter which uses the List of Value created in step 1. Now, modify the derived table and use the Paramater created in step 2 instead of the previous @prompt syntax Example- Modify the Derived table as follows- Select Emp.Ename from Emp where Emp.Ename = @Prompt(Name_param) Here we created a new parameter "Name_param" which uses a List of value to bringing all the values for Ename

Kindest Regards Jacqueline

Former Member
0 Kudos

We can use prompt in the select statement Rite.This is a derived table.Actually i saw in one of the SAP release notes for multi source universe the prompts does not work in derived table in BO 4.0.But i don't know did they correct it in later SP.I checked the prompt syntax and its correct.

But will try as u suggested.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

The syntax is @Prompt('JE CD,'A',,,,,).This one of the Prompt.But there are several prompts in the derived table. i am using them in Select and Where statements.

Thanks.

Pavan.

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How are using @prompt in the select part?

I don't have system now but check the syntax of @prompt function in the functions help.or create one prompt in the webi based on dummy object and copy the SQL from there for to use @prompt function.

Amit

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the Prompt syntax in derived table?

is derived table is fine without Prompt varible?

Amit