cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Interchangeability Help needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have situation in interchangeability where product is recognized by manufacturing year.

A(2010) -> B(2011)->C(2012)->D(2013), Even is there is demand on B,C,D Stock of product A( oldest) should be used first, then B(2011) after B stock is exhausted C(2012) needs to be considered..

Can this be achieved in standard without BADI implementation please let me know.

Thanks In Advance.

Regards,
Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member200970
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi srinivasa,

As per my understanding, We are considering the 4 differnet materials A,B,C,D.

We have Product Allocation procedures , Here in we also have the option of selection at plant level.

Please let us know whether the inputs were able to solve your problem.

Arvind Pabba

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

SSnyder, Srini and everybody else,

i just got up and went thru the whole message. I saw the word 'idiot' in my reply and realized what 'auto fill' has done. Please, please replace 'idiot' with 'if I'. I must have hit d instead of f which is just next to it. A big lesson learnt...read the message before SUBMIT to avoid this type of embarrassing situations. Too much help from devices sometimes leads to these type of things.

Again PLEASE accept my sincere apologies. Won't happen again...I promise...

Apologetically,

Subash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Check these settings.

Create a chain as A-->B

Set the Use-UP Strategy = Yes

Use up date = greater than a year from now

Validate date = Current date

Direction of Interchangeability = Full

Have some stock and Hand for A.

No demand exist for A

No Stock for B

Create Demand for B.

Run SNP and check the result.

Create similar chains for B-->C and C-->D with appropriate validity dates.

Once all the inventory of A used then change the chain Direction to forward only.

But i wonder how the system will react when B has demand and own stock.

Idealy when a new part (B) replaces old part (A), new part will not have any inventory in near term and it will be procured at later time as its new and old part's inventory have to be used up buy the time we start buying new part..

Links to refer

Supersession Chain - Master Data for Product and Location Interchangeability - SAP Library

Product Interchangeability in Supply Network Planning - Supply Network Planning Run - SAP Library

Just my thoughts

Regards

Vinoth

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Srini, There is a standard solution from SAP. It is called FFF and no code is required.

THanks,

SUbash

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that is not true

FFF will not do that

all the stock to be available at the same time

I never tried but maybe create supersession chains with different validity  dates

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Maybe Snyder is right.. We implemented FFF only at SNP Planning level and not at ATP level. Thanks for the catch Snyder. But idiot remember right you have the option to use it in ATP too.

Subash

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The issue with using FFF with SNP, only (1) product can be procured at a time.  You want various products depending upon the time validity.   Have you investigated interchangeability groups using supersession chain?

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos
  • Re: Product Interchangeability Help needed
    Subash NanjangudSteelSnyder, Srini and everybody else,i just got up and went thru the whole message. I saw the word 'idiot' in my reply and realized what 'auto fill' has done. Please, please replace 'idiot' with 'if I'. I must have hit d instead of f which is just next to it. A big lesson learnt...read the message before SUBMIT to avoid this type of embarrassing situations. Too much help from devices sometimes leads to these type of things. Again PLEASE accept my sincere apologies. Won't happen again...I promise...Apologetically,Subash