cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Higher number of assignments (ANZUO) for table KLAH

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Need your suggestion about one requirement.

It is about table KLAH and field ' No. of assgmts'.

Field name = ANZUO . Data element = ANZUOR.

This field is of type numeric with length = 5.

which means, in table KLAH, maximum of 99999.

Actually, in our client's business, few classes having more than 99999 objects.

Thus, those classes are not being selected to view in table KLAH as the value of the field ANZUO is more than 99999.

Is there any way to increase the max value of this field ANZUO (Number of assignment) of table KLAH? May be upto 6 or 7 numeric value?

This is the requirement.

Any SAP Note related to this !

Thanks in advance for your kind advices.

Regards,

Supriyo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Friends ...

Still no input with respect to the above query !

Please share if you have any advice / input. It may not be 100% accurate. But if we start discussing, may be we can reach to some good conclusion.

Just to add -

I found an SAP Note 139261.

It is almost for the same object that is 'Number of assignment' more than 99999.

But in the note, it is mentioned for transaction CL6A.

May be similar thing can be applied for table KLAH as well ! Not sure though.

Waiting for your valuable input / advices.

Thanks in advance.

Supriyo

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SUPRIYO SENGUPTA,

I didnt understand , after reading yoru issue when i tried to check KLAH-ANZUO, in most of teh cases the value is 0, so i dont think it control class assignmnet to obejct and if class is assign to more then one object can add number in it.

Also , can you please also share by increasing this number length how it will help you?

You can contact SAP with your issue and possible they can help you with a note like 139261.

Thanks

Ritesh

0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks very much for your reply.

Yes, I planned to contact SAP for help in this requirement.

But before that I just wanted to take help from this forum. May be the solution is already there and I just need to apply the same like SAP Note 139261.

As you mentioned that when you checked in your system, for most of the cases, the value of KLAH-ANZUO is zero. It may be because, the class is not yet assigned to any object. That is why it is zero.

Please refer the below screen. This is showing some entries of KLAH table. You can see that - number of assignment for some classes are = 2 or 219 or 99999 or even 0. It depends as to how many objects has been assigned to this class.

In my case, some classes are having more that 99999 number of assigned objects. So for those, either they are not showing in table KLAH or showing with 99999 only. But actually, number of assignment is more that 99999.

So by increasing it's length, it will show the correct Number of assignment.

Thanks in advance for your kind feedback.

Supriyo

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SUPRIYO SENGUPTA,

I am still not understanding  why do you want to use only KLAH for checking number of assignments?

Have you tried CL6A , it gives exact list of assignment. and note 139261 gives option to fix 99999 entry bug fix too.

I created a document in forum recently and i used an material with class type 300. When i try to see its entry in KLAH for the class used , it gives 0 as assignment value, so i am still not convince these field  gives exact assignment relationship.

Thanks

Ritesh

0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I tried CL6A. It is working fine.

For example, one class got the number of assignment as = 147567. It is correctly showing in CL6A.

But for the same in KLAH table, it is showing as = 99999.

CL6A is working fine. And I think, SAP Note 139261 is also not required to implement. As CL6A is showing right number of assignment with a value higher than 99999.

There are some custom report in our client's business for which may be right value of AZNUO is required in table KLAH.

It is a fact that Number of Assignment (AZNUO) in KLAH does not work for values more than 99999. And it is justified also. Because, highest value of field AZNUO is limited upto 99999 and so it will not show anything higher than that.

When I checked the actual number of assignments for the same class as mentioned above in table KSSK, there also it shows that - 147567 entries exists.

CL6A, KSSK table - these all are working fine.

Only 'Number of assignment' (AZNUO) in CL6A needs to be extended upto higher length (may be 6 or 7 NUMEC).

Regards,

Supriyo

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SUPRIYO SENGUPTA,

Its good that CL6A working for you to find exact number of assignment and i am sure once you will contact SAP they will give you solution for 99999 entries restriction for number of objects assigned to class ( I am still not agree this filed show assignment of objects to class only).

also I didn't understand your reply , at once place you are saying

For example, one class got the number of assignment as = 147567. It is correctly showing in CL6A.

But for the same in KLAH table, it is showing as = 99999.    

and in another para ypu are saying

SUPRIYO SENGUPTA wrote:

When I checked the actual number of assignments for the same class as mentioned above in table KSSK, there also it shows that - 147567 entries exists.

CL6A, KSSK table - these all are working fine.

Only 'Number of assignment' (AZNUO) in CL6A needs to be extended upto higher length (may be 6 or 7 NUMEC).    

so its little confusing, please check and reply.

Also please mark replies helpful if its helps you.

Thanks

Ritesh

0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks for your mail.

And sorry if my comments lead to any confusion.

I just tried to mention that - KSSK table showing the correct number of entries whereas 'Number of assignment' fields of KLAH table showing only up to 99999. This is true for actual number of assignment is great than 99999.

When the actual number of entries is less than 99999, then both KLAH & KSSK table shows the same value. Which actually it should be.

Please refer the below screens.

My statement from last post that is - " .. Only 'Number of assignment' (AZNUO) in CL6A needs ... ". It is wrong.

Actually it should be = " ... Only 'Number of assignment' (AZNUO) in KLAH needs ... ".

It was probably a typo. Sorry for this.

Anyway, the summary is = 'Number of assignment' (AZNUO) in KLAH needs to be extended upto higher length (may be 6 or 7 NUMEC) so that it also displays the correct value against actual number of assignment. And for this, I need to contact SAP only.

Isn't it ?

Regards,

Supriyo

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SUPRIYO SENGUPTA,

There is no need to be sorry,

About contacting SAP , I first  recommend please check with your technical expert (ABAP) in team , he/she must be having fair idea on how to deal with it , they will have possible list of workaround and based upon there reply you can take decision weather or not its require to contact SAP.

Check below thread its similar to your issue.

You can close this thread and create a new thread in ABAP Development forum and give link to this thread, there you will get more favaorable replys on it.

Hope it may help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

0 Kudos

hi Ritesh,

Thanks for your reply.

I agree with you. ABAP team should be able to take care this requirement more precisely.

Yes, you are correct. There could be some already workaround with ABAP team to deal with this kind of technical requirement.

Actually, it is always an ABAP requirement. I created this thread in this forum just to check whether there is any SAP Notes already available for this.

Anyway, let me contact ABAP team for this.

Regards,

Supriyo

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SUPRIYO SENGUPTA,

Thats good, please close this thread. If you face any other issue please open a new thread.

Thanks

Ritesh

0 Kudos

How to close a thread !

I am not so much familiar with SCN activities.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check blog  How to close a discussion and why, you should not forget to close your threads after your issue is solved.

Thanks

Ritesh