Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel Workflow feature using standard Supplier template WS54300005

former_member517519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am having one requirement to implement the parallel workflow for supplier creation WS54300005 using SWDD tcode.

Could anyone please explain what are the steps required to enhance this workflow template accoridng to our requirement and how much it is feasible to achieve without using rule based workflow template.

My requirement is there are only one requestor and two approvers(parallel) which will be decided based on valuess fetch from some zcustom table.

P.S:- I am newbie to ABAP workflow concept, i.e. SWDD tcode

Any useful help will be appreciated.

Regards

Ashu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should NEVER edit this workflow template in SWDD. This is a standard object. Any changes are considered modifications.

For your requirement, you need to simply configure this workflow template using the Supplier node in MDGIMG. If you don't know how, you should seek the help of an MDG expert.

See these documents for more information on MDG-S workflow templates:

https://help.sap.com/erp_mdg_addon61/helpdata/en/6a/d0393692014c589155cb1ff8f734ae/content.htm?frame...

Configure Change Request Settings - Master Data Governance for Supplier - SAP Library

former_member517519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

Actually, they want to us to copy the std template WS54300005 into some new template and edit that as per the requirement.

But my question is ,I have handled these kind of requirements through rule based wrkflow template and assign the same to Create Supplier CR type.

But in this workflow will be tweaked through SWDD tcode including parallel wrkflow  and determine agent values based on some z custom tables and email notification concept.

So, will this requirement is easy to implement using decision tables in rule based wrkflow or by this way.

Regards

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

The regular rule-based workflow template should work. See this document for information on how to configure it.

Copying the standard workflow is doable. However, I would not recommend it.

former_member517519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I have gone through the documents of parallel workflow, in that there mention some dummy steps(11,12) after both the approvers approve the request and then it moves to new step number like 2 as per the below diagram.

My requirement is once both the approvers approve this request, it will go to active area of MDG there is no further approval required and on rejection from any of approver,it will go to the requestor again.

Could you please help how can it be achieved.

Regards

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I misspoke. For parallel workflow to work with the rule-based workflow template, you should look into this document:

However, for MDG-S, there is already another workflow template that you should be able to configure. It does parallel approval out of the box (only for MDG-S). See the documents above. You can get to it in MDGIMG under the Supplier Node.

former_member517519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

yes there is a separate node inside the supplier governance having the GET_AGENTS table but they want to us to copy the std MDG-S template and enhance that accordingly.

Could you please provide any kind of doc/help to start as I am newbie to this ABAP wrkflw concept.

Regards

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

again, you should not need to copy it.

if you can't the MDG-S workflow, you should instead use the general rule-based workflow template. Review the above document on how to enable parallel processing there.

former_member517519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Abdullah,

Thanks for thee reply

yes, I am using the std document but in the single step table once the parallel approver approves it is going to some dummy step 11 and 12 and once these 11 and 12 approves it is again going to some dummy step 15 and 16 .

15 and 16 is nt having any entry, directly we have step no 2. this is confusing.

My requirement is once both the parallel approvers approve it will be final checked. I am able to get the parallel level approvers but once they both approve it will be showing the agent and route finder error for my CR.

Could you please suggest what shall I put in that scenario.

It will be very helpful.

Regards

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

The dummy step is just to split and group the branches after approval is done. Just follow the SAP document on parallel approval enhancement and it should work.

former_member517519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Abdullah,

Thanks for the response.

I am able to create the CR as final checked approved after the merging of the result, but when any of the approver is rejecting the CR as per my scenario it should go to requestor for withdraw and submit action, but it is throwing an error say agent and route finder in the workflow log after parallel result merge step.

Like I am having a step say after parallel step

Single Step Table:-

previous step  previous action   next step                   condition alias

08                  03                       91(activation)                  91          ------- this works fine.

08                  04                       15(dummy step)              93 ---------------- here I am getting the error.

Non User Agent       -

cond alias             process pattern

91                        05

Usre Agent Table

cond alias            step type    agent type       agent value

93                          02             su                     init.

for this user agent table, I also tried to maintain hard code uservalue bt still getting the same error.

Requesting you to kindly help.

Regards

Ashu

former_member517519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Any input/suggestions help on this.

Regards

Ashu