cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to Database Server while trying to Unarchive MDM Repository

former_member185327
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All, Recently I have installed the MDM SRM CATALOG 702 in our Production system based on MS SQL Server 2012 and Windows 2012. Now from the MDM Console I am able to successfully mount the Server. However while trying to unarchive the repository I am getting "UNABLE TO CONNECT TO DATABASE SERVER". 1. I have place the archive ".a2a" file in the desired location. 2. I have increased the file size of the Model Database from 5 to 7 MB as I got one error in QA environment "Unable to Modify Database". 3. Below is the error message as retrieved from the server log       OLEDB error on / from statement: OLEDB connecting to MDPADM/ with User/Password.     ErrorRecord->HResult/NativeErr: 0x80004005/0 Any suggestion would be appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185327
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All, Issue has been resolved. By mistake I named the Database Instance as SIDADM whereas I needed to mention only the SID Thanks and Regards Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Stop the Repositary first and then Unarchive and check the password expiration for SAP<DB SCHEMA id >

former_member185327
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas, I am bit confused here about stopping the Repository. I did mounted the Server First and I am getting an option to stop the server not the repository. My Main concern is that when I am trying to load or unarchive the repository with user SA I am just being prompted that cannot connect to Database Server. Regards Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please check the logs under the diretory  /usr/sap/<SID>/MDSxx/log.. and check the user permissions on the Database with which you are trying to connect to the database.

former_member185327
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the continuous assistance. Please find the error message found from the log.

OLEDB error on / from statement: OLEDB connecting to MDPADM/ with sa/Solar@123

ErrorRecord->HResult/NativeErr: 0x80004005/0

I also did checked the permission for SA user and it seems to be ok.

Regards

Anurag