cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO to PI Integration compatibility due to different versions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

Is it possible to have 2 PI systems interacting with each other on different Netweaver versions.

PI version is 7.02

PO 7.4 SP09

Due to few constraints, we would like to implement interface with following participating systems:

SAP ECC 6.0 Ehp7-->PO7.4 SP09 -->PI7.02 -->AII 7.10 sp12

In above context, Kindly confirm if PO 7.4 SP09 (only Java) can communicate to PI 7.02 using Idoc connectivity or other.

Kindly help on same.

Has somebody practically tried 2 PI system interacting, having different netweaver versions.

Kind Regards,

Anurag Garg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Has somebody practically tried 2 PI system interacting, having different netweaver versions.

Yup, this is not a problem at all. Check out the following thread on using the SOAP adapter with XI3.0 protocol to connect two PI/PO systems.

SOAP would be the best instead of IDoc, and you can either use the SOAP 1.1 protocol mentioned above or XI3.0 mentioned in the thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Eng Swee Yeoh.

In my case current scenario is IDoc to Proxy, depicted as below:

ECC --> PI7.02 --> SAP AII(Auto ID)

Now if I insert PO in between as below:

ECC --> PO-->PI7.02 --> Prox

I suppose scenario should be configured as follows in PO:

ECC(Idoc) --> (Idoc) PO (SOAP on XI3.0) --> (XI) PI(Proxy) --> SAP AII(Auto ID)

Is this a right configuration?

Kindly confirm.

Many Thanks,

Anurag

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>I suppose scenario should be configured as follows in PO:

ECC(Idoc) --> (Idoc) PO (SOAP on XI3.0) --> (XI) PI(Proxy) --> SAP AII(Auto ID)

i'm not sure if that's possible considering your second PI version but it's very much possible like below -

ECC(Idoc) --> (Idoc) PO (SOAP on HTTP/SOAP 1.1) --> (XI) PI(SOAP HTTP/SOAP 1.) --> SAP AII(Auto ID)

From your soap receiver channel, you can use the below URL to post the messages

●  http://<host name>:<port name>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=<party name>:<service name>:<channel name>. If you have not created a party, enter channel=:<service name>:<channel name>

●  http://<host name>:<port name>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?senderParty=<name of the sender party>&senderService=<name of the sender service>&interface=<name of the interface>&receiverParty=<name of the receiver party>&receiverService=<name of the receiver service>&interfaceNamespace=<name of the interface namespace>

Reference : Configuring the Sender SOAP Adapter - Configuring the SOAP Adapter in the Integration Directory/PCK ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got it Harish.

Many Thanks.

I will try the scenario with both the options and will come back in case of any issues.

Kind Regards,

Anurag

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>using Idoc connectivity or other.

You can make use of SOAP adapter(HTTP/SOAP 1.1)  to connect to your second PI system.