cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBScript vs. WINSHUTTLE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The company I work for recently use Winshuttle for automation of some activities in SAP.

Since I am not part of the team who develop and use Winshuttle scripts and I am addicted to vbscript I would like to know pros and cons of each tool.

I am not quite sure but I think the "developers" of Winshuttles scripts actually don't have an access to real script, they do everything by GUI. Is that true?

I just want to know if Winshuttle deserve more attention since I have a lots of interests into automation but little time.

Thank you and BR!

Guero

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

holger_khn
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello.

There are many possibilities for enhance Winshuttle with coding.

We use Winshuttle in our Company as well.

A pro for Winsuttle is that you have an good control who can use which script. Contra indicator for me is that it Need a Long time from request a Winshuttle template until it´s released for usage.

And some specific Options which can be done by small coding can´t be done easiliy by Winshuttle.

E.g. if you create maintenance plans (Transaction IP03) with many maintenance items. This is hard to cover by Winshuttle.

So if you want to use scripts quick and dirty SAP Scripting is an better alternative.

If you want a good control about who is using scripts for what you should definitely rollout Winshuttle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Holger,

Thank you for reply!

Regarding possibilities of coding is it possible to be modified the code recorded with Winshuttle?

I read some presentations but I didn't see instructions on code modification.

"E.g. if you create maintenance plans (Transaction IP03) with many maintenance items. This is hard to cover by Winshuttle."

I have never worked with IP03 as I work with another module, but can you explain what is the limitation for Winshuttle in the case.

Maybe It cannot handle scroll of table. Does it insert information only in visible rows?

I've heard that it has a problem with so called enjoy transactions e.g ME21N.

BR

Guero