Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order confirmation status COSTA-VBUP is not getting updated

former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My clients requirement is to send the order confirmation status.

I read the note no 377981.

But the field is not getting updated in my Sales order.

When i looked into VBUP table,the status relevant to field COSTA is not update.Why do this happens.

The field BESTA is getting update .But not COSTA.

Even if line item in sales order is partially confirmed ,the status of BESTA is A-Not yet processed,as it is partially confirmed it should be B???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200027
Active Participant

Hello Pradeep Mani,

Regarding why status is not updated, it needs to be checked case by case. But before that, I would like to suggest following notes:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/401058

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/549583

You may check your system situation with reference to these notes.

Best regards,

Crystal Lin

former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

So COSTA is related to 3r party & IPO order item category.

I am looking for confirmation status of item category TAN,as per my understanding the field BESTA would provide the status for TAN?

Apart from third party or IPO item,were can i see order confirmation status,which filed is relevant for it.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Please refer SAP Note 377981 - Order confirmation status in document flow

Hope that helps you in understanding the logic behind the rules status update.

Thanks, JP

former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

As per my understanding

COSTA is related to TAS,TAB.

In case of order confirmation status,there are 3 things,

Not yet confirmed

If a line items in sales order are partially confirmed/not confirmed then status will be as above.

Partially confirmed

There might be n-number of line items in sales order,if at least one line item is completely confirmed,then order status will become partially confirmed

All items are confirmed

If all line items are confirmed then status of sales order changes to all items are confirmed.

If any thing wrong in understanding,pls guide.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Hope you referred the SAP Note recommended by me in my previous post.

COSTA is related to TAS,TAB.

Yes, VBUP-COSTA is related item relevant for third party and individual PO. As in those processes you have PO involved. And this field is related to Schedule line confirmation status from those POs involved.

In case of order confirmation status, there are 3 things,

Status A/B/C

Not yet confirmed

If a line items in sales order are partially confirmed/not confirmed then status will be as above.

No, this implies that the corresponding PO doesn't have any ordered items that have confirmed schedule lines.

This is Status A.

Partially confirmed

There might be n-number of line items in sales order,if at least one line item is completely confirmed,then order status will become partially confirmed

No, this implies that the corresponding PO carries partially confirmed schedule lines for the ordered items by the vendor.

This is Status B.

All items are confirmed

If all line items are confirmed then status of sales order changes to all items are confirmed

No, this implies that the corresponding PO carries all confirmed schedule lines by Vendor for the order items.

This is Status C.

I hope that helps.

Thanks, JP

former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for great explanation,

What leads to changes in BESTA

Thnaks,

Pradeep M

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Status in VBUP-BESTA is based on requested availability date(MAD) & transportation planning date. Not based on Schedule line dates. Well, there are some exception to that too.

Thanks, JP

former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Then which field will give status about ordered quantity and confirmed quantity.

Thanks,

Pradeep M

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

status about ordered quantity.

No such field.

status about confirmed quantity.

Check table VBEP for status and quantity

Thanks, JP

former_member200027
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no such field in stanrdard to show the relationship between order quantity and confirmed quantity in sales order. You need to do modifications in order to meet this requirement.

Best regards,
Crystal Lin