Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Good issue a material partially!!

Hi Experts,

I know it is weird, but we need good issue a material with quantity EA partially!

the problem is that we have some materials which buy them as a package. We don't have BOM for them and also we don't have net price for components.

Just in some cases which is rare, we need to do GI one of the components and then do GR for substitution.

in these cases we create material and then create PO and post Gr. But for GI I don't know what to do.

Especially from FI view its important for us to reduce thea stock value when GI the component.

replied

Now it is much clearer. I would advise not to touch that material with a partial goods issue posting.

Partial goods issue would not be right from my point of view as you are not really taking a part of this finished material, you are borrowing a component of that finished material, which probably makes the entire finished material unusable.

As there are many thousand components you can't really express the real decimal equivalent with a goods issue, you will most probably run into rounding issues. And this partial goods issue does not explain which component was removed and the user has to assume that the material is incomplete based on a non-integer quantity.

I would say you should move the full quantity into blocked stock and reorder that taken component with a requisition which is account assigned with cost center.

Once the component is received and installed you can move that material from blocked stock back into unrestricted use.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question