cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Control inspection lot settings in QM

0 Kudos

Dear Sap Geniuses

I have an issue for one plant we are STO goods into and we are also procuring the same materials off vendors. So 08 gets generated for the STO and 01 lots for the direct PO's easy. Problem is the one plant they are coming into is set up into 4 different Storage locations and they will always go into Pole 38 location before coming up into the actual production sloc so the 08's are popping up all over the place. Is there any way to change the control inspection lot to be plant material and batch based instead of material, batch and Sloc based. Any help would be great thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sinead,

You may check the below EXIT in case if they helps -

QPL10001  QM: Inspection lot creation - editing work area on creation

Thanks,

Arijit

0 Kudos

Thanks Arijit will give it a try and see if this works thanks a lot for your help I know we were trying to play around in QAT0001

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I imagine it's more becasue of the material movement you are using.

I'm guessing  they are using a 311 or 411 to make the moves between storage locations?  What some places do is copy the 311 or 411 movement to a 9xx movement (911).  The 9xx movement is set in config as not QM relevant and as such, no inspection lots will be created.

Train the personnel to use the 9xx transaction most of the time.  Only use the QM relevant movement type when you want the lots created.  It looks like the issue is when the material in the four storage locations, is moved to the Pole 38 storage location or the actual production storage location,  Make sure they only use the non-QM relevant movement type when moving into these storage locations.

Craig

0 Kudos

Hi craig

Unfortunately we can not make the movement not QM relevant as the STO from other plant into this plant needs to generate a 08 to be checked the issue is when we are moving between Sloc we don't need the 08 and unfortunately we are using the same movement type.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. and that is exactly what I explained how to avoid.  I didn't say change the movement you use for the STO's.

I said copy the materail movemnt and make the new one non-QM relevant.  Then use the new one for your internal movements, (NOT for the STO).

Craig