cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statistical Forecasting with IBP for S&OP - Time bucket problem

0 Kudos

Hi,

for our S&OP process in IBP for S&OP, we want to execute our Demand Planning Process based on monthly time buckets, and our Supply Planning Process based on weekly time buckets. Consequently, we implemented a Time Profile with the lowest Time Profile level being "Week" in our Planning Area.

If I now use Statistical Forecasting methods within our described system settings, all calculations take place on the lowest Time Profile level - the weekly one. In addition to that, the statistical forecasting profiles use the weekly planning level as input. So, for example, when I want to use historic data of a full year, I have to select 52 periods (weeks) as Historical Periods.

As I would much prefer to base my Statistical Forecasting on an aggregated monthly time bucket and use only 12 historic periods (months) as data input - is there any possibility to switch the relevant Time Profile level for the Demand Planning Process to a monthly bucket?

Regards,

Holger

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217157
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

You ca run Statistical Forecast at Monthly Level,though the Actuals Qty input is at Weekly level or the planning area is at weekly level. For this you define an input Calculated KF  MTHACTUALS@MTHPRODCUST = SUM(ACTUALS@WKPRODCUST).

This KF will  be an input to Stat Fcst and the output can be KF at Monthly Level eg STATFCST@MTHPRODCUST.

If you want to bring this monthy output forecast to a weekly level, you can add additional calculations.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Raghav

0 Kudos

Hi Raghav,

thanks for the fast answer! This looks like SAP6 key figure logic to me. We built our key figure logic based on SAP2/SAP4 logic and thus use the more general planning level PERPRODCUST.

Any possibilities to reach our goal with our key figure logic?

Regards
Holger

former_member217157
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

This should work even for SAP/SAP4 key Figures. In the planning level you explicitly mark Weekly or Monthly.

Thanks,

Raghav

0 Kudos

Hi Raghav,

as a first step, I created a new planning level "MONTHPRODCUST" with month as root in the attribute selection screen. However, If I now want to create the key figures as you explained, I experience some errors.

Could you please further specify how a calculated Key Figure MTHACTUALS as described by you should look like?

- Base Planning Level?

- Aggregation Mode?

- Calculation at Request Level?

- Calculation at Base Planning Level?

Thank you a lot!

Regards,

Holger

former_member217157
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Assume ACTUALSQTY is at WKPRODCUST level

WKPRODCUST : TP: Week (Key), Month , Year ; Product : PRDID (Key) and other attributes  ; Customer : CUSTID(Key) and other attributes

1.Create a Planning Level MTHPRODCUST : TP:  Month (Key) , Year ; Product : PRDID (Key) and other attributes  ; Customer : CUSTID(Key) and other attributes

2.Create calculated KF AGGACTUALSQY@MTHPRODCUST with following calcs

AGGACTUALSQY@REQUEST = SUM( AGGACTUALSQY@MTHPRODCUST)

AGGACTUALSQY@MTHPRODCUST = ACTUALSQTY@MTHPRODCUST

In Actuals Qty KF, add a calculation:

ACTUALSQTY@MTHPRODCUST = SUM(ACTUALSQTY@WKPRODCUST)

3. Create KF STATFCST @ MTHPRODCUST . This will have the output of statistical profile

4. In Stat Fcst Profile, definition, give Input KF as AGGACTUALSQY and Output KF as STATFCST

The forecast will be calculated at Monthly level.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Raghav

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot!

Answers (0)