Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCP Trial and on-premise HANA

thomas_madsen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to connect my HCP trial account to my on-premise HANA instance using HANA Cloud connector.

My trial account seem to be connected allright and I have created a destination for the odata service that I have created on-premise.

But when I use the service in a SAPUI5 app the webIDE reports invalid URL.

Is there a cookbook somewhere on what to do to:

1. Create an odata service based on a calc view

2. Setup cloud connector

3. manage HCP trial connection/destination

4. Use odata service in UI5 app.

Best regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ulrich_Schmidt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Thomas,

not completely sure, but the problem could be, that the SAP Cloud Connector supports only HTTP and RFC for the direction Cloud --> on-premise. The "Database-Tunnel" works only in the direction on-premise --> Cloud in order to access a HANA DB in the Cloud.

So for accessing your DB on-premise, you would need to setup a similar scenario as described in
http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-28581

(Note: this document was originally written for explaining how to execute RFC calls in a HANA Cloud app at a time, when the SCC did not yet support the RFC protocol. Now SCC supports RFC, but the procedure described in this document can also be used for accessing all kinds of third-party systems from a Cloud app. The SAP Business Connector is a lean middleware tool that supports various kinds of network protocols (in this case: JDBC).)

So you would install a JDBC driver for the HANA DB on the SAP BC, create a "Service" that executes your SQL statements and then call this Service from the UI5 app via SAP CC.

Best Regards, Ulrich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I am also trying same to access xodata on-premise service created using HANA studio.

Did you get success in accessing same from HANA trial account in HCP with SAPUI5?

Regards,

Sachin Maheshwari