cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trace the Error log record in SQL server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to trace / track the error log record on SQL server database, Where I am able to find the record Id but not the error log records & the relavent information

If anybody knows please answer the query.

Thanks with regards,

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil

Which error log are you referring to?

The SQL Server error log is in the SQL Server's "LOG" directory, and is called "errorlog". open it with notepad. The logs are rotated ("errorlog" is current, "errorlog.1" is prior to current, "errorlog.2" is prior to prior to current ,etc.) If the log isn't there, then look at the startup parameters of the SQL Server (-e value, IIRC.)

HTH

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I am interested to find the place there the History OR Error log during the launch of Workflow is being stored in SQL database.

e.g. Once the Workflow launched you can see in Show history button the complete log.

With Regards,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil

I'm not sure where the log is. I'd just start a SQL trace on SQL Server to see what MDM is doing at a particular time.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Could you please tell me the process how to start the SQL trace on MS SQL server?

With regards,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil

Start "Profiler" from your "Microsoft SQL Server" programs group.

File -> New -> Trace. Enter SQL Server connectivity info.

Select "Filters" tab from next window, configure (at the very least) the databasename and loginname of the MDM underlying repository database.

Don't start the trace just yet - MDM frequently does a LOT of stuff on the database. Try to minimise what the trace returns by starting it just before you effect (and save) a change to the workflow, and then stop the trace immediately.

The Profiler will provide you with ALL the SQL statements executed according to the filter criteria for the duration that the trace was running. It's then just a (time consuming) matter of stepping through the SQL statements and procedures to see exactly what was done to the database.

Mark