cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You cannot set the deletion indicator (document is used as BOM) during creating a folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are trying to create Folder through SAP Easy DMS and getting following prompt which is not allowing us to create folder.

Error is "You cannot set the deletion indicator (document is used as BOM)"

Please advise.

Regards

Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I understand that you are looking to create Folder in E DMS and ends with an error/warning message.

Can you share the screen shot how you are creating the folder.

Try creating the folder through document browser option in DMS and check the same gets replicated in E DMS or not, If you face issue while creating folder in DMS please let us know the error.

Also please check the table STPO, pass document type and number if you have existing.

Rgds,

Nayeem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nayeem,

I have tried to create folder as shown in screenshots.

i tried both option through main menu as well as right click and create.

Both giving error " You cannot set the deletion indicator (document is used as BOM)".

Please advise

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I Mean try creating the folder from document browser CV01N T code and share the result, Please find the below screen shot for your reference.  Select folder -> Right click and create folder.

Rgds,

Nayeem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nayeem,

I am unable to see document and structure on the right side of CV01n,

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the hint,

i have activated Broswer in SPRO. Will update you if the folder were able to be created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nayeem,

Thanks for the advise. I was able to Create folders in SAP via CV01N.

The issue was when we are creating folder through Easy DMS Document numbers were getting generated automatically for Folders...but when create it through SAPGUI CV01N.....Numbers are not getting assigned.

Please advise.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I hope you have the settings for the document type FOL as mentioned below. Can you create folder using other document types with internal number assignment. Also please share screen shot.

Also share the sequence number of DIR from EDMS.

Note: You need to use same user ID and private folder for the user ID is to be created initially also public folder to be created first time. How to create Private and Public folder in SAP ... | SCN

Rgds,

Nayeem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Nayeem,

Setting are and were maintained as suggested.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Have you created Private and public folder?

Create EDMS document using FOL and other document type.

Share the screen shot of EDMS internal number issue.

As per your latest reply it seems that you dont have an issue with '(document is used as BOM). Please confirm.

Rgds,

Nayeem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nayeem,

Something went wrong,

N numbers of folders created inside folders and inside folders.

I could not see end of folders.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

I would suggest you to create DIR and make correct structure/Folders from CV01N T code and then go for EDMS. Document browser and EDMS functionality are same.

Use Document browse first make things right then go for EDMS which will be helpful for you.

Check BOM tables STPO for details.

Rgds,

Nayeem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nayeem as suggested i would work the guidelines.

But strange activity has taken place.

the document structure has repeated itself in subfolers and it has created Infinite number folders with same structure in subfolders.

Any clues.

Regards

Anand

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

if you face duplication of the document BOM positions could you please check your user settings in SU01 and tell us which decimal notation you are using?

Please try to implement the SAP note 2178658 which solves a quite similar issue.

Best regards,

Christoph Hopf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Try implement the Note mentioned by Christoph and also try create new folders with document type FOL.

Please share screen shot of the issues.

Rgds,

Nayeem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

The decimal notation is 1,234,567.89

I have applied SAP note as suggested.

What would be done to the folders already created.

Please check the screenshots, The expansion on Folders goes on...i have not expanded everything just for our reference.

Please advise.

Regards

Anand

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

to correct the situation for the affected folder (document BOM) I can only suggest you to correct this manually using transaction CV13. Here edit the header folder document and then remove the unwanted folders again.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris,

I am able to delete the folders shown above.

But the original issue remains,

You cannot set the deletion indicator (document is used as BOM) during creating a folder

Please advise.

Regards

Anand

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I now found also your support ticket at SAP support and you did not provide us the complete set of errors you are facing. It seems that before the "You cannot set the ......" message another pop-up is raised telling something about further information in SLG1 transaction.

You wrote in the ticket that the SLG1 entries are displayed green, but could you please check all the details of these entries. Because sometimes the icon is green but there are indeed problems recorded.

Further could you please create a new document info record of type FOL and then try to use transaction CV11 to create a new folder (document BOM header) based on the newly created document info record.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

I have checked Entire SLG1 log and i could not find any log related to DMS.

The only log available is of Workflow for the mails.

Let me explain whole scenario.

Initially There were folder structure created along with Document numbers.

FOL    10000000003    ABC1

FOL    10000000004    ABC2

FOL    10000000005    ABC3

FOL    10000000006    ABC4

FOL    10000000007    ABC5

FOL    10000000008    ABC6

FOL    10000000009    ABC7

Which are deleted and we are creating new folder structure.

While creating we encounters issues and were getting errors as

pop-up is raised telling something about further information in SLG1 transaction

and next You cannot set the deletion indicator (document is used as BOM) during creating a folder.

As per your guidance we were able to delete previous folder structure and deleted folders with deletion indicator throuigh program MCDOKDEL.

Now as suggest we are creating new DIR through CV01N,which is not allowing us as those previous folders still holds the document number which we want to use.

We tried Folder/Document structure,,,creating new folder in CV01N, But it does not pick the Document number nor we are able to assign existing numbers which already occupied by previous folders.

Please advise.

Regards

Anand

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

thanks for the detailed information. First of all could you please check if the document number (e.g. 1000....20) does still exist in table DRAW. If there is an entry in this table you should be able to open this document still in transaction CV03N. This would explain the "Document already exists" message.

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Its should not come while create folder in EasyDMS. Can you try to reset selected buffer please click traces on EasyDms logon pad.

Regards,

Chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chandu,

Thanks for responding.

I have resetted selected buffer and infact checked trace too.

Could not identify exact issue.

RFC check shows ok in trace.

Anymore hints Please let me know.

Regards

Anand