cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Configuration in Android for Work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Currently I am testing the Android for Work functionality of SAP Moble Secure (Afaria). I am using a Nexus 9 for my tests, and I was able to do my first successful tests.

The work profile gets installed, and I am able to istall some Apps into the "work container".

The only problem I am facing - I am not able to configure an exchange account in the AfW container. I created a configuration policy like you can see on the screenshot.

The Android configuration policy of course is linked to the testdevice - but unfortunately I cant see that Exchange Account on my device. It doesn't show up under accounts, nor as a symbol.

Is there something else to do I am not aware of?

I created the policy - linked it to a group - and linked the device to that group. Usually that should work.

Any hints?

Thank you

Ernst

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ernst,

In addition to creating the config policy in your screenshot, you must also deploy the Divide Productivity app to your device as an Android for Work app. This will put several apps on your AfW device, including Mail, Tasks, Calendar, etc.

After deploying the Divide Productivity app, you should be able to click on the Work Mail app and receive your email.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Ben,

The "Divide Productivity" App was the missing piece. After installing this App to the device, the Exchange configuration got applied within seconds. Everything works as it should now.

Where is such an information documented?

Great!

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ernst,

Please take a look at this support notes http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2216843 and keep this in handy.

Cheers,

Sushmitha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ernst,

Take a look at this doc https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-63680 which helps you to serve the purpose.

Do let us know for any further queries.

Cheers,
Sushmitha