cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM8.0:How to run custom Job using IDM Admin UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have created custom initial load jobs which I want to run using IDM Admin UI.

However, these jobs do not appear in the IDM Admin UI . See screenshots below.

1. Custom jobs under custom package below

2. Repository jobs are highlighted in IDM Admin UI which are under connector packages.

These jobs are defined in sap connector packages and they appear here.

3. Custom package is not visible and so I do know if I can get to see custom jobs here.

I can execute jobs in eclipse studio but I am exploring the possibilities to execute custom jobs using IDM Admin UI.

Looking for solution from experts in this forum.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

clotilde_martinez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

from what i saw so far, i don't think that it is possible to link a job from a package to a repository from another package.

So what I did i created my Z_InitialLoad in the standard ABAP connector package, under a custom job folder.

The other thing i noted (at least in SP0, didn't try in SP1 yet) is that i had to run the job once from the development studio before if becomes available in the web ui.

Hope that helps,

Clotilde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clotilde,

Thank you for your reply.

I am avoiding any changes to standard connector packages due to the fact that during Upgrade standard SAP packages may get overwritten in future which would lead to lot of effort to re-implement custom changes.

I would try to copy the standard sap packages to a new package and then try out it here.

I am wondering if sap provided custom package 'com.sap.idm.connector.custom' can be used for all custom changes except repository jobs etc.

What are the best practices for custom changes required in SAP provided tasks/jobs etc. in IDM 8.0 ?

Is it good to have 'com.sap.idm.connector.custom' for these custom changes or having new packages copied from standard packages wherever custom changes are required ?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clotilde,

Yes, you are right that Job of one package cannot be linked as a Job to repository type of another package.

So, that means I will need to edit standard sap connector packages and create a job under custom folder as you mentioned above.

I have only one concern that does such custom jobs not get affected/removed when in future sap packages may need to be updated due to new SPs etc. ?

Thank you .

Regards,

Pradeep

clotilde_martinez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again,

What SAP recommends if you need to change a standard package is to do a copy of it where you'll have your custom content and this way you'll only be updating the standard one when updating the standard package.

So i guess you'd have com.sap.idm.connector.abap and com.sap.idm.connector.abap.custom for example and only the abap one will get updated.

Regards,

Clotilde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clotilde,

Thank you for the response.

I have copied com.sap.idm.connector.abap to idmbase.idm.connector.abap.custom earlier . Prefix 'com.sap' cannot be used for copied(customer) packages.

screenshot below

The issue here is that  ABAP repository created of repository type as defined in standard sap package 'com.sap.idm.connector.abap'  will not be able to use custom task defined in another package as per logic implemented in the script 'sap_core_executeplugin' as it uses uGetRepositoryPackageID() and uGetPackageTaskID().

Relevant part of the code given below.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

function sap_core_executeplugin(Par) {

uInfo("sap_core_executeplugin Par = " + Par);

var mskey = Par.get("MSKEY");

var PackageID = uGetRepositoryPackageID();

var TaskName = Par.get("TASKTEXECUTE");

var executetask = '' + uGetPackageTaskID(PackageID, TaskName);

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here it always check the package of the repository which would be standard sap package 'com.sap.idm.connector.abap' in this example and then it try to get the TaskID of TaskName defined for attribute 'TASKEXECUTE' using uGetPackageTaskID(PackageID, TaskName) which means Task should be under the repository package and not other custom package.

So, this means all tasks need to be under one package (of repository type) only .

Kindly let me know your logic if this can still be implemented.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Pradeep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

clotilde_martinez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I just double checked and i don't know if it really was unaccessible before or if it changed with one of the released patch but i am able to create a "repository job" in the custom package and link it to any repository type from other packages...

I'm on idm 8 sp1 patch 1.

Regards,

Clotilde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Clotilde,

I was able to create a repository job in custom package and could run it in the eclipse studio as shown below.

What I am not able to do is that IDM does not allow to link repository job created in another package as job reference to the constant in repository type in another package.

Without this, it cannot appear in the IDM Admin UI.

See screenshot below.

When it is allowed to have repository job in another package then what would be the reason to not allow it to link to the repository type in the package.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Pradeep