Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upload Asset class to WBS in bulk- Cutover activity

praveen_vanm
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

As a part of my cut over activity i am dealing with CAPEX process

Where i have 300 projects and each project contains 5 wbs at second level. Each wbs contain different asset class

In SHDB I have recorded  the step assigning Asset class to the WBS using T-code - CJ02

After recording i have processed

up to above step it is recorded properly

After reaching to asset class pop window the OK-Code small window is disappeared. My ABPER is telling i have not recorded it properly. I have tried it twice same thing it is happening.

Please help me how to record assigning AUC to WBS

Thanks

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

you can not assign AUC manually as this is processed internally by system and create AUC while releasing WBS where pre-requisite is to Investment Profile assigned to WBS.

there are two customization as below:

Manage AUC:- means AUC will be created if any WBS contain this Investment Profile.

AUC per source structure/assignment: means AUC will be created as per source assignment maintained in assigned settlement profile.

investment profile either contain only MAnage AUC or both but not only AUC per source structure/assignment.

Now please explain exactly what you want to record.

thanks

Sunil

praveen_vanm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for your response.

In my process there are 40 asset class where i cannot assign the multiple asset class in OITA.

In OITA we have option of giving only one asset class.

so i am giving asset class as i shown in the screen shot.

As a part of my cutover activity I have to record assigning asset class to the wbs

I am recording that process in shdb in CJ02

I came to know that after assiging the asset class it is not coming back and it has to getting save.

Thanks

Praveen.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

according to first screen, you are not assigning AUC/Asset class to WBS. this is used to check if AUC has been created for WBS or not. if created than this will show AUC details.

AUC is create when you release WBS. and OITA is transaction code for Investment profile where you enter details like asset class, manage AUC or AUC according to source structure and how settlement will be done like summary or line item.

"""" As a part of my cutover activity I have to record assigning asset class to the wbs

you can not assign asset class to WBS. so how can you record.

the screen shot you have given is for checking AUC created for WBS while releasing WBS.

thanks

Sunil

praveen_vanm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I agree with you that AUC will create when i release the wbs it will happen because we will be assigning one asset class in investment profile

But in my process i have multiple Asset class where i cannot maintain in one single investment profile so i have not given any asset class in investment profile. Instead of that

I am directly assigning asset class in wbs please find the scree shoot of my process.

after this i will click on back it go to CJ02 i will be getting AUC status for that wbs and i will release the wbs. This is my process

Please let me know there is any other process for multiple  asset class.

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

In Standard scenario, the mapping between asset class and Investment Profile is 1:1

Hence ask your developer to generate a program to Pop up the asset class tab while saving the WBS with blank Investment Profile.

Nevertheless this is time consuming.

It is always adviced to use several Investment profiles for each asset class and hence while you upload the Excel or text file during Migration, you can do it using the Batch Recorder as shown above

Regards

Vittal

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor

Hi Praveen,

investment profile and asset class is 1:1 relationship and if you assign investment profile to WBS so that should create AUC according to settings maintained in Investment Profile.

if you want to create multiple AUC with different Asset class than prefer to create multiple WBS with separate investment classes with required asset class.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

If i understood correctly you are trying to create AUC for mass wbs

For this you Need Investment Profile with right Asset class

With this Investment Profile you can make a recording or program to release mass WBS elements which will create AUC automatically upon release

Regards

Vittal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assigning asset class to WBS..??....Well what does that mean?

I am targeting your first screen shot. Is this how you would be assigning asset class to WBS?

Do you know what is the rationale between AUC, Investment Profile, Asset class in Asset master record?

It looks a bit segregated steps to me. I mean you would have assign your investment profile to project profile where in you would have ticked marked the Manage AUC icon and would have entered the asset class in OITA. Then after releasing the project your WBS would be created as an AUC.

Well.. there are many things in line. I need to know the exact requirement first.

Regards,

Amit

praveen_vanm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your response.

As per my requirement I have around 40 asset class so i have not maintained any asset class in OITA.

If  I assign any asset class in OITA as you said I will be getting AUC status as soon as I release.

I have many asset classes for each wbs we will be using different asset class. so i have to assign the asset class as i shown in the screen shot. As soon as i give asset class number my wbs will show the AUC status and i will release that wbs.

As a part of my cutover activity I have recorded the Process in SHDB.

As per my process it has after assigning asset class it has to come back and save but it is not happening after assigning asset class it is stooping.

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case just don't assign the asset class in investment profile and whenever you releases the WBS, just assign the asset class over there.

Please go through the following threads.

Investment Profile Multiple Asset classes to be... | SCN

Assign Asset under Construction Classes - Projects as Investment Measures - SAP Library

Regards,

Amit

tejpal_patil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have to tried LSMW?

Regards,

Tejpal

tejpal_patil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you didn't got any error while recording this means your recording is correct, during record process such codes pop ups do come, ask technical team to highlight problem correctly.

What is there concern in recording ? like any value they unable to featch...

Regards,

Tejpal

praveen_vanm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tejpal,

Thanks for your response. I tried in LSMW  getting error so i was tring in shdb

After recording the process. I have processed it as i shown in the screen shot. Here my issue is after assigning asset class it has to come back to cj02 screen and it should save but it is not happening it is stopping up to asset class screen as i shown in the screen shot.

Thanks

Praveen