cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get filtered data for a normal Web Dynpro ABAP table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am applying filtering for a normal Web Dynpro table (without using any ALV) using apply_filter(). The filter values come up as drop down values at the column header level. Filtering is working as expected.

I have a requirement where in I need to first filter the table by selecting a value from the filter values drop down & then select the filtered rows and move them to another table.

I need to know how to read only the filtered records after filtering has been applied? At the moment I get all the records bound to the context, but I need only the filtered records.

Request your suggestions.

Regards,

Shilpa B V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use get_table_data( ) method IF_WD_TABLE_METHOD_HNDL to get the filtered data.

below code snippet:

DATA: lt_filtered_row TYPE WDR_TABLE_ROW_DATA_TAB.

wd_this->table_method_hndl->get_table_data( IMPORTING row_datas = lt_filtered_row ). " table_method_hndl is the attribute of type if_wd_table_method_hndl

If you are on lower netweaver version where get_table_data( ) method is not available, refer the following blog. 

hope this helps,

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for your inputs!

I am able to get the filtered data now. Pasting the sample code below.

METHOD onactionfilter.

DATA: l_nd_table_data        TYPE REF TO   if_wd_context_node, “Node bound to the table

l_el_table_data        TYPE REF TO   if_wd_context_element,”Element of node

lw_table_data          TYPE          wd_this->element_table_data,”workarea

lt_filtered_table        TYPE        wdr_table_row_data_tab,”filtered elements

lw_filtered_row        LIKE LINE OF  lt_filtered_row, “filtered element

lt_table_data_filtered TYPE          wd_this->elements_table_data,”filtered data

wd_this->g_table_hndl->apply_filter( set_is_filtered_at_column = abap_true ). “Apply filtering

********** Get the filtered data into a separate internal table **********

wd_this->g_table_hndl>get_table_data( RECEIVING table_data = lt_filtered_table ).

LOOP AT lt_filtered_table INTO lw_filtered_row.

l_el_table_data = lw_filtered_row-context_element.

l_el_table_data->get_static_attributes(

IMPORTING

static_attributes = lw_table_data

).

APPEND lw_table_data TO lt_table_data_filtered.

ENDLOOP.

……….

……….

……….

ENDMETHOD .

Answers (0)