cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Documentation Assistant - Retention Period

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to update our documentation Project in SolMan, and for that purpose we are running an analysis using SolDocA, to find out which used transactions are missing in that Project.

As there are transactions that are used only during year begin and year end periods, we need to have at least a year of transactions usage history. We have extended the retention period in our ECC Prod. system ST03 as follows:

I see that st03 has information for the last 3 months, which makes sense as st03 was previously configured to keep 3 months history (we extended the period last week).

The problem is that when running an analysis Project using SolDocA, the EWA periods available are just june and july (not august)

Could anyone help to find out where this EWA periods are triggered from? We need to ensure we have this properly configured in order to start keeping transactions history for at least one year.

Thanks!

Jose

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose

Please check below note as well

2142606 - BI statistics missing for some periods

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar, thanks for your help. I had already implemented note 2142606. The problem is not in the BI statistics. If you see the graphic, its's displaying 6 months for BI.

The problem is that EWA is just reporting June and July, not even August. I just checked again and the situation has not changed. I also checked EWA reports and confirmed they look fine for August, so I'm not sure why SolDocA is bringing June and July only:

As the retention period was extended a couple of weeks ago, I was expecting to see 3 months of data now, then 4 next month and so on.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

I think you can raise a call with SAP for this issue.....in the meantime i will try to find some note .

keep us posted

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

by default EWA is executed on Monday of each week. That means that the full monthly data for August would be available the first time since Monday 2015-09-07. If you create a new Analysis now, it should be displayed in the periods chart for both of your systems.

Best regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andreas and Prakhar. I just checked and it's showing the last
3 months now.

Thanks!

Jose

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

You need to have all the EWA reports corresponding to each month(complete month) so that it becomes green. therefore you need to wait for next month or basically now in sept to generate it.

Creating an Analysis - Solution Documentation Assistant Work Center - SAP Library

Did you check it now ..it should be working as normally EWA are generated on Monday and last 31st August was monday so i suppose you might be facing the issue.

Please check again

Thanks

Prakhar