Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry Buttons and Rules Firing

ed_miller
Participant
0 Kudos

Experts,

I have a button on a list screen in which I want to basically toggle the style of the button (turn green when they press it, turn the green off when they press it again).  The button action sets a property (on the MainObject) for true/false (i.e. toggles that value).  I have a style which has the green background.  And on the Style on the button, I have it using a rule in which states if the value is true, use the "green" style, otherwise a "blank" style.

Here's the issue.  The rule is not firing when the button is pressed.  It only seems to fire if I navigate away from the screen, then back to the screen.  So if i press the button, the style doesn't change.  But I simply navigate away, then back, and now the button in green.

Is there a way to "force" the rules on the button to fire so it can change the button style without having to navigate away?

Thanks,

Ed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ed,

What platform and version of the client are you using?

--Bill

ed_miller
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, I should have mentioned that we are running SMP 3.0 SP08 PL02.  The client is on a Windows Mobile 6.5 device running Agentry client 7.0.9.0.

Thanks,

Ed

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I have seen a similar behavior with the WPF client that I know Engineering was looking into.  I had not run across it on WinCE yet.  I would guess it is an issue Engineering will need to review and suggest opening a ticket with support on it.

If I get some time this week I'll see if I can replicate it.

--Bill