cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post link to a group by API

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I use the SAPJam API to post a link to a group and get the same visual format as when I go directly to a group and do it manually. For example, if I  go direct to a group and share a link as an update, I'll get the this result in the latest activity wall:

The only API that I found that creates something similar with that is the /Groups('key')/FeedEntries, but even so it disconsider HTML code in the text and the appearence is not pretty as the one above.

Is there any other option to create something with the same format and appearence as the first option?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Adam_Stone
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Felipe,

Unfortunately there is no current functionality in the API that can achieve this behavior.  If we were to add this functionality, what would be the expectation for which image to use?  The UI currently lets you browse through the available images to pick the correct one.  Would you want to provide the url of the image and the story in the post that you do as properties to be used?

Thanks,
Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam, thanks for your response.

That is one option... another one would be pick the image, title and other properties by the "og" properties. Then we could customize a message, send the link to share and the system would pick all info about the post. What do you think?

Thanks,

Felipe.

Adam_Stone
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback Felipe.  I've made a note of this thread to be looked at for future ideas.

Answers (0)