cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business Objects 4.1 SP5 Mobility - Security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I was under the impression that when you build a Crystal report and deploy it for access from mobile devices, that it would use the underlying security defined in BW (since we use SAP authentication in Business Objects). What I am finding is the report functions fine on a mobile device. However, it absolutely let's a user who is not supposed to see certain data to view that data on mobile devices!! Am I missing something here?

TIA

Jagannathan Santhanam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagannathan,

Any content viewed on mobile device via the Mobile BI App uses the same underlying security defined in Business Objects enterprise or underlying SAP BW. I say this as both authentication and authorization of the user is completely handled outside mobile.

I would suggest that you report your case to SAP Support via Incident. They would be able to assist you on what is going wrong here.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh

Thanks for your response! This is pretty basic functionality and I am really shocked that SAP would even let this fly without proper regression testing! I am not on the latest SP for BOBJ V4.1. However, I am just 1 SP behind and it really bothers me as to the lack of testing behind the scenes within SAP. You bet, I  will raise an issue with SAP shortly.

Thanks

Jagannathan Santhanam

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagannathan,

Do you mean this worked before for you and does not work any more? I ask this as you suggest regression testing.

I do not expect this to be a product bug, however can only confirm once incident is looked into in detail.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh - One of my team members spoke with SAP and apparently this was referred to as a "regression" testing issue. Either case, I find it really hard to believe that SAP would allow such rudimentary functionality to escape the testing net.

Thanks

Jagannathan Santhanam