cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Open Session Prompt retreiving universe in Information Design Tool

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am trying to retrieve a published universe from a repository in SAP Business Objects 4.0 SP2 Patch 17 and I'm getting multiple open session prompt, even when I enter the rights credentials still showing one after one. If I press the cancel button after many attended the universe is show in the tab local projects, but when I try to access to a component example: the data foundation, the open session prompt is shown again.

The only thing I see is in the status bar, the label: "Building workspace:(x%)" progress everytime I put the credentials right.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the system name is correct in the open session window.compare to you have already logged in the the server.

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi,

I already checked and is the same.

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

See attached SAP Note.

2156753 - Multiple logon screens pop-up while retrieving universe in IDT

Reproducing the Issue

1. Open Information Design Tool (IDT).
  2. In Repository Resources open a session to the BusinessObjects Enterprise Server.
  3. Expand the Universes folder and navigate to a .UNX universe.
  4. Right-click the universe and select Retrieve Universe to retrieve the universe and observe the logon screen.
    Notice that the logon screen keeps popping up again and again even when correct logon information is entered.

Resolution

1. On problematic machine, navigate to the directory C:/Users/<User_Name>/.businessobjects/bimodeler_14
  2. Rename the folder bimodeler_14 so there will be a backup of all the previous projects saved locally.
  3. Launch the IDT again - issue should be resolved.

Note: You will not be able to see the previously existing local projects in IDT. In order to retrive the previously saved local projects on the machine, projects can be opened from IDT-> File -> Open Projects -> Select Root Directory -> Retrieve Projects from old bimodler_14 directory.

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I try the solution you gave but the issue still the same, is there any workaround I can use solve this problem?.

Thanks and best Regards.

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

check this note if you are using clustered name.

1595851 - IDT multiple logon screens retrieving universe using clustername

Cause

Problem Report has been raised.   The reference is ADAPT01552208.

Similar to existing Problem Report ADAPT01540424

Resolution

This issue has been fixed with the following patches-

• Patch 2.7 for SP02
  • Patch 4.1 for SP04
  • SP05

Amit