Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry date field type format

former_member464
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a Add Transaction Screen Set. On the screen there is a date edit type field. It looks like only month and day selection. How can I add year selection?

Best regards,

Huseyin Aykin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Huseyin,

I am looking at your statement here. I am trying to review past known request and issues tied to this. I know there was an older report that customers are claiming that only the Day and the Months are editable for WinCE devices. The fix was done on those WinCE devices but there could be an issue with merging on newer versions. Reference: (AG-12471 or AG-14005).

What I mean is that the fix (or feature) was created for WinCE devices and your picture looks like Android. I do not see a merge between Android and WinCE (or the feature was not built on Android). The Android being a different platform. But sometimes they change the code and it applies for all devices.

In your case, it may be specific to Android Agentry clients.  I thought iOS devices has the year editable. But from my reference - AG-12471, it states that the Pocket PC Windows Mobile Agentry clients have it built-in as reference.

I am thinking that in the Android Agentry client this feature is not built-in (I can see it in my own Samsung Note - 5 Android Agentry - Date field -> SAP Service Manager that the year is not editable).

So this may be a feature request.  Please get your SAP Account Executives (AE) to file a feature request for you in SAP (They will fill out a feature request form) and you have to specify a business case.

You may reference to your AE the reference number AG-12471 and AG-14005 and claim that you need the feature of editing the year for Agentry Android clients.

In support, we may say this feature is not built-in and we will reference the same AG-12471 and may ask a feature request.  The developers of the platform may accept or reject the request and may reply this is not going to be build. This is the sole reason you need the AE as your backer so that they can bring this up to the upper product developer management.

Hope this information helps you out.

Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer